• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MIRROR TINT for building glass.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
so, a customer asked me if i mirror tint windows (inside).
it can't be any worse than frosted glass.
my question is, where to get the material for doing this job?
thanks
chris

rjssigns

Trust me when I tell you to hire it out. Specialized tools and techniques just like the sign trade. When jobs like this come up I give them to my friend that makes his living tinting. When he needs prints or signage I get the referral. Everyone is happy.

MikePro

home depot carries this.
and it is WAY worse than frosted, polyester with a chrome finish has a million ways to blemish during application, but it is still do-able.

You don't want home depot tint!. Your not going to get 3M at price to make profit. go with Suntek or Llumar. You def need to practice first. PM me and i can give you tips on installing window film. you will also need a larger scraper (triumph) and a black blade window washing sqguee. a spray bottle, baby shampoo. PT, olfa blade, HARD CARD (not a sign sqguee) and most important a blue max press out. Cleaning and trimming is most important part of install. depending on the size you will need someone to pull the realease liner. i takes a while to learn to CA Roll a large window. its just flat glass, if you can lay signs and wrap vehicles you can do this job with a little practice/ knowledge before you show up to the job.

Schickworks

I used to be a certified Llumar tint installer. Vinyl (frosted or whatever) and window tint are nothing alike. you'd think they might be but they are not. Completely different application tecniques. With window tinting, you have to spend so much more time cleaning, not only the glass but the frames and everything else around. window tint can pull tiny particles of dust from the air and totally mess up your installation. It can be that frustrating. I'm not saying you cant do it, i'm just saying that they aren't the same.

rjssigns

I've helped my friend the tinter on some jobs. When there's IG panels we take out the inside gasket. That way the film edge is "buried" out of sight for a super clean look.