• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mirror

LarryW

Hi quick question I have a Fb500 printer and would like to print on mirrors has any on done this and any tips for me. Thanks

Andy D

We had something similar happen, we were printing on 2" thick media
and when the print head went past the media we had a 2" gap between
the print heads and the table allowing the UV light to reflect back up to the print heads
.. yep, you guessed it, that caused the ink to cure in the nozzles.....

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Does that mean printing to chrome or reflective vinyl may be an issue with
UV printers?

I have never tried it but I would expect there to be a risk with chrome and reflective for sure. Even having the heads up too high on white vinyl will cause issues. For mirrors, I would just have someone screen print them.

Andy D

I have never tried it but I would expect there to be a risk with chrome and reflective for sure. Even having the heads up too high on white vinyl will cause issues. For mirrors, I would just have someone screen print them.

Thread Hi-jack, sorry..

VanderJ I think it was you in another thread about someone losing their heads on their Mimaki printer,
And I told them our tech removed and by-passed a valve , and you said that was a bad idea and wanted to see a picture.......
Anyways I couldn't find that thread so I thought I would post it here...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mimaki heads.jpg
    Mimaki heads.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 70

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thread Hi-jack, sorry..

VanderJ I think it was you in another thread about someone losing their heads on their Mimaki printer,
And I told them our tech removed and by-passed a valve , and you said that was a bad idea and wanted to see a picture.......
Anyways I couldn't find that thread so I thought I would post it here...

I understand now. Your tech used soft tube to make a splice in the ink line to connect the tube directly to the damper instead of using the connector that comes with the machine originally. In theory that should be fine but it is not the correct way to do it. I don't blame him though because the connectors are very finicky. I'm not sure if there is another function to the connectors other than connecting the ink line to the damper but if everything is working, I wouldn't be too worried.