• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing Channels

102RCR

VJ 1624, All of a sudden one black channel and one magenta channel are completely gone. Replaced complete maintenance station, dampers, encoders, and print head. getting the exact same result and it was before changing anything.

Anyone have any ideas??

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Do you see any air bubbles in the ink line above the dampers? Did you change the o-rings when you changed the dampers?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
No air, and yes, after replacing did an initial ink charge.

I would do a damper swap to isolate the issue. Switch the dampers position and then run a cleaning cycle and then see what prints in the nozzle check. If the same colors don't printer in different positions, something above the head is clogged or malfunctioning. If the same channels don't fire with different colors in them, it could be a main board issue.

102RCR

I would do a damper swap to isolate the issue. Switch the dampers position and then run a cleaning cycle and then see what prints in the nozzle check. If the same colors don't printer in different positions, something above the head is clogged or malfunctioning. If the same channels don't fire with different colors in them, it could be a main board issue.

Can you explain that more? Isn't that just checking that the dampers are working?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Can you explain that more? Isn't that just checking that the dampers are working?

You want to switch the damper positions on the head, not the tubes that go into the dampers. That way you are trying to print different colors through different channels. So if black is next to a cyan and you switch the damper positions on the head, they should switch in the nozzle check. Basically, you want to see if another color will print through the channels you are having issues with. You already know the yellow and cyan are working fine so if they don't work in the channel you are having issues with, that tells us the head is incapable of firing that channel for some reason.. And vice versa, if the magenta that isn't firing works fine in another channel, that tells us that it's not an ink flow issue in the magenta and most likely electrical.