• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing cyan

Allik

Hi,
Having problems with mimaki jv33-160. The cyan is missing from test draw,both of them. Tried cleaning,fill up, changed dampers, changed pump but nothing...

premiercolour

Merchant Member
If only missing cyan, looks like a printhead issue. Time to replace a new printhead. Try to soak the head for a few hours.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I would not jump on a new head just yet. Several things to try. One premier mentioned is to do a long nozzle soak - after you fill the cap with cleaning solution and set a time up to 99 minutes for it to soak, after it parks the head kill the power to the machine and let it soak even longer or do multiple hour or more soaks.

Could be other areas as well. The capping top and capping station could also be culprits. As Vander has mentioned to others the plastic part that the capping top rides on does wear out over time causing it to not seal the cap to the head well. The cap top itself could also be going, and even the capping station base could be worn. The ink joint valves which are the small bits on the end of the tubes that connect to the tops of the dampers (these have a valve in them). I've had defective brand new dampers before. I've had a brand new defective aftermarket pumps several times (I will only use an OEM Mimaki pump now).

Behind the cartridge slots are a couple of things that could be a problem. The ink line joints behind the cartridge slots can over time get a little loose allowing it to suck in air. The solenoid valves on the back of the slots could be sticking - if running 4 color try swapping the two cyan cartridges to force it to pull ink from the other slot - if its the one solenoid the other will probably be okay. The actual cartridge slot needles could be clogged - over the years continually puncturing the rubber seals can possibly nick tiny bits of rubber that might get caught in the holes in the needle.

Its unlikely that two channels on a head will both go out at once. When running dual CMYK the ink lines for both channels of single color are connected together with an H pipe behind the cartridge slots making it more than likely you have an air leak somewhere or something blocking ink (clogged needle or solenoid problem) from the currently active cartridge for that color.

Sometimes a stethoscope can be helpful for locating possible leaks. When its actively pumping listen very very close around different areas for any hissing sounds...

Probably the most common issue though is a poor seal with the capping top to the bottom of the head.....

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Also try popping in a new cartridge. I've had times where the ink line was starving even though it had maybe 10-20% left in the cart.

Allik

Now the head is replaced as well and it worked fine for some time.But now again the cyan is going out while printing.The first cyan on test draw is totaly gone,have cleaned,fill and soak the head but nothing...
Out of ideas...

I'm having the same problem on a CJV30-130. I've replaced both Cyan dampers, top capping station and started to change the pump, but one of the lines were too short to reach the H connector, so I haven't been able to rule that out. I've done multiple 99 minute soaks.

I do not want to jump into changing the head, so I guess my next step will be checking the ink lines/connections.