• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing device driver for Edge2

JoySigns

I am trying to use my laptop to work with my Edge2. I loaded Omega 1.56 (yes that's my latest version). I've got windows xp and and an ecp port, my dongle is a usb so no problem there. But when I try to send to the Edge I get the message that my parallel port is missing a device driver. Any advice?

beckys

Joy
Im pretty sure XP doesn't work with XP.
I know I had to upgrade to 2.0 when I got a new computer Years ago.

Case

I am trying to use my laptop to work with my Edge2. I loaded Omega 1.56 (yes that's my latest version). I've got windows xp and and an ecp port, my dongle is a usb so no problem there. But when I try to send to the Edge I get the message that my parallel port is missing a device driver. Any advice?

SOLUTION: to receiving 'Missing or Outdated Parallel Port Device Driver' error message when outputting to an EDGE/EDGE2
1. Open GQ Mgr.
2. Go to HELP then ABOUT.
3. The version will probably read:?,?,?,? If it reads 4,6,0,0 the following fix might not help you.
4. Close GQ Mgr.
5. Run the Warp9fix program found on the Omega CD under MISC.
6. Copy the Parcheck.exe file from the Omega MISC. Folder to the following directory on the hard drive: WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS
(May be WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS in Windows 2000 and windows XP)
7. Run Parcheck.exe from the above directory.
8. Go to Device Manager.
9. Click on View.
10. Click Show Hidden Devices.
11. Double click on Non Plug & Play Drivers.
12. Double click on Par1284.
13. Click on the Driver tab.
14. Check that the status is STARTED. If it is stopped click on START
15. Choose AUTOMATIC from the Startup Type
16. Click OK.
17. Exit Device Manager.
18. Re-boot the computer.
19. Once restarted, open GQ Mgr.
20. Go to HELP then ABOUT.
21. The version should now read: 4,6,0,0
22. Open Composer and output a job to your Edge/Edge2.

Case

JoySigns

It worked! I just printed off my Edge that his been sitting silent for months. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I can go home and have a beer.