• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing light colours

redmonsterprint

Hello

When printing a test draw I am missing the light magenta and cyan. This has happened after 3.5hrs in transit.

I have tried manually sucking the ink through with a syringe to get rid of any air locks. However this has had no effect.

I have also tried strong cleans and fill up ink 5+ times.

Not too sure what else to try.

Many thanks
Lewis

redmonsterprint

I'm afraid I dont have a photo. The CMYK lines are perfect on the test but the Light cyan and light magenta do not show up at all. Completely blank. It worked before transit however.

redmonsterprint

It is a Mimaki JV3 160 S. I am afraid I dont have a photo, the light Cyan and light Magenta are not showing up at all. When putting cleaning solution on the caps the first two (for the rest of the colours) sink the solution where as the third doesn't.

MikePro

excellent, i LOVE jv3's.
I have a CMYK, so idk how the 6color setups go.

is it: K,K, M,lm, C,lc, Y,Y? (in regards to damper order, 4 heads 2 dampers per head)

or

is it a three head setup? wierd, but it can be figured-out. LmLc are on the 3rd head?

redmonsterprint

I am new to the JV3! :pIt is in our print studio at the moment...I walked away in strop with it. I will go back later and apologise!I believe it is something likeK,M,C,Y,lm,lcIt may be worth adding. after moving the printer the only colours that worked were Cyan and Yellow. After manually pumping the ink through the first cap and doing a couple of Fill Inks and strong cleans it worked again. I did these steps for the third cap thinking it would work the same but hasnt. :-(

MikePro

After manually pumping the ink through the first cap and doing a couple of Fill Inks and strong cleans it worked again. I did these steps for the third cap thinking it would work the same but hasnt. :-(

sounds like you have pump and/or capping station issues. easy fix.
check my thread i posted above. fillupink and cleaning modes won't work when the pump cannot pull ink through the head.
a good place to start, would be to set a 99min. nozzle wash while you read my extremely long post towards the end of that thread.

redmonsterprint

I am new to the JV3! :pIt is in our print studio at the moment...I walked away in strop with it. I will go back later and apologise!I believe it is something likeK,M,C,Y,lm,lcIt may be worth adding. after moving the printer the only colours that worked were Cyan and Yellow. After manually pumping the ink through the first cap and doing a couple of Fill Inks and strong cleans it worked again. I did these steps for the third cap thinking it would work the same but hasnt. :-(

Many thanks - going to give this a shot in about 30mins so will let you know how i get on