• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing nozzles after severe humidity

Murray

Is it possible that severe humidity can be the cause of missing nozzles in my test prints? We had a flood where we had 2 or 3 inches of water in our shop and after things were all cleared up and dried out we had gone from two missing nozzles in the test print to about 7. There was water on the floor for about 48 hours in total. Im concerned about what effect the water might have had on the printer (a JV33) in general but the missing nozzles are certainly alarming. Ive tried every trick in the book to re-instate the nozzles but i fear they are gone for good. Anyone have any experience or knowledge about what I should expect?

Brink

Was there loss of power for any significant time period during this flood? Could it be that the head dried while the power was out? These printers power on automatically and do a head clean according to the schedule settings in the printer.

Murray

Thanks for the replies. the power was never out and the auto cleaning was always on but the humidity was around 70% during the flooding so im just concerned that the humidity has somehow caused issues with the nozzles failing. The strips may also be affected. Should I perhaps remove them and clean them with alcohol?