• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Missing one side of yellow !!

abdo.kordy

I have CJV30-160 and during printing the color of design changed so I stopped printing
then I made a test print and the yellow from one side is missing as attached
I tried soft,normal,hard cleaning with no result and tried filling for 5 times and no result too
and changed the two dambers of yellow but it not get back

any help ?

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 132

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Try a nozzle soak for 30 minutes...... I always do that before blowing tons of ink on cleanings and ink fills.

abdo.kordy

Try a nozzle soak for 30 minutes...... I always do that before blowing tons of ink on cleanings and ink fills.

I tried nozzle wash many times but no result.
is this problem for print head or cables or what ?
noted that print head was changed from 6 monthes.

Out There

There are 8 ribbon cables on the slider board that run inside the e-chain. Check and make sure they are all seated down properly.

heyskull

I don't normaly comment on Mimakis but my info is relevant.

Before touching any of the cables please make sure the machine is unplugged and properly discharged.
The cables in these machines are very sensitive and can cause issues if badly seated.

SC

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
There are 8 ribbon cables on the slider board that run inside the e-chain. Check and make sure they are all seated down properly.

Incorrect. There are only two. You are thinking of the ancient JV3 machines..... Even the JV33 machines are starting to get up there in age but they only have a single larger print head with two ribbon cables to it.

I don't normaly comment on Mimakis but my info is relevant.

Before touching any of the cables please make sure the machine is unplugged and properly discharged.
The cables in these machines are very sensitive and can cause issues if badly seated.

SC

This is critical!! Actually power the machine off, then unplug it and let it sit for at least 15 minutes before trying to unplug any cables. Also be aware that the had cables are bent at a pretty sharp angle and the more you mess with them the more likely they will end up breaking and needing to be replaced so do this very carefully. On a JV33 plugging them back into the head with the head installed is a bit tricky and hard to get at well.

Also a single channel out could be any number of things from the cap top not making a good seal on the head, pump starting to fail, electrical issue, o-ring leaking somewhere on that ink line, defective damper (I've had a brand new damper with a pinhole leak that did not leak ink out, it sucked air in), head manifold or the head itself... Going to take some time and troubleshooting to pin the issue down.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That's one of the dirtiest print head areas I have ever seen. There could be ink on the head cables but usually that wouldn't affect only one channel. The first thing you need to due is use air duster to clean the slider board and cable terminals. Then take the dampers off and check the manifold for any damage. If the manifold is intact, change the yellow dampers, damper clamp and o-rings. If that doesn't fix your issue, there could be damage to the ink lines somewhere or a bad connect anywhere ink line connects to something. Other than that, based on the amount of debris, dust and ink in the head picture, there could be an electrical short somewhere that caused damage to the head or main board.