• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

missing PMS colors

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
have a job with 2 shades of purple that must be new. 7678 and 7680. They don't exist in cs5.5 Maybe they are a newly added color?

So how do you assign a pms color that does not exist as a swatch?

rjssigns

Ask a local offset shop for the translation or see if the shop would let you take a peek at their bridge chart. If it's in there you're home free.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's a toughie.

I didn't realize people were still inventing colors. I thought they finished that up years ago.

vid

Ask a local offset shop for the translation or see if the shop would let you take a peek at their bridge chart. If it's in there you're home free.

+1

or for $49, see if it's in the NEW PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software

or

Put in any of your favorite colors annnnnd then let the printer/prepress guy worry about matching it to a swatch? :)rolleyes:)

or

I know it still doesn't get you what you are wanting but I found this from an online catalogue:

attachment.php

Sample the swatch from the catalogue as a substitute match and then let your customer know they will still need to match their print to The Plus Series: Pantone Color Bridge (coated) book

Good Luck

xxaxx

We had a PMS yellow to match a while ago that wasn't in any of our pantone books even though it was in PS ... we could print the yellow but no way to really tell if it was a good match or not without it being in our book ... really strange.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I just assigned the colors from a screen capture. The customer said they would take care of it on their end. Can anyone with cs6 tell me if those 2 numbers exist in the swatch palette? I wonder how often Adobe updates their palettes. They should at the very least offer downloadable palettes

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
They are in CS6 which has the new Pantone Plus libraries... See if they embedded into this PDF. Also just sent you an email.

Attachments

• 76787680.pdf
    289.9 KB · Views: 141

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
The mac installer seems to be missing on that link. I did find this note at Adobe's site....

Why does a certain spot color from Pantone Plus series in CS6 appear different from same spot color in CS5 and older versions?

In CS5 and earlier versions, which included the older versions of the Pantone color books, most spot colors from Pantone had two definitions - Lab and CMYK. In addition, the default setting of the Spot Options dialog was CMYK. CMYK values took priority over Lab values. The spot color added to the document usually came with CMYK values.

In CS6, with the introduction of the Pantone Plus Series color books, there is only one definition for all spot colors. These definitions are in Lab values. So, it is a likely that a particular spot color from Pantone can appear different in CS5 (and earlier) than how it appears in CS6.

Workaround If it's necessary that the same spot colors are identical in CS5 (and earlier) and CS6, you can replace the Pantone Plus Series ® with the older Pantone color books. See Workaround 1 below. It's also necessary to change setting of the Spot Color dialog of the CS6 document to use CMYK values from the manufacturer's process books. These two steps make the Pantone spot color uniform across different versions of Illustrator. However, it could impact cross product workflows with InDesign and Photoshop, if you are using the new Pantone Plus Series ® with these applications.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I cannot endorse any of the sites that might have it but you can also google

PANTONE_pms_plus_forAdobeCreativeSuite_Mac.zip

and find the Mac version out there... :)

rfulford

I would just define them as spot colors and use the lab numbers from CS6 which are as follows:

7678 - L 37 A 26 B -34
7680 - L 28 A 27 B -35