• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

misting on new jv5 heads

ink tec ste

i have just replaced all the print heads in my jv5 with genuine mimaki heads but since then i have had some misting or over spay on prints in all colours, just want to know if someone has come across this before.
cheers

Vinylman

Who did the replacement? You? or a factory authorized Mimaki Tech?

Having the mechanical ability to change the heads without the technical training and ability to make the final adjustments to the heads can lead to a problem like the one you mention.
There are several print tests that only Mimaki techs are "supposed to" know about.
They require the factory tech manuals and the expertise to do them. I believe that they involve making adjustments to the micro voltages that are sent via software to the print heads to set them for correct voltages.

ink tec ste

i did the print head replacement, i have been a engineer for sometime but this is only my first head replacement on a jv5

Robert72

Also review the printhead height. If it has a big gap from the printhead plate to the material, you'll get overspray for sure. Also, be sure you're playing with the last firmware of the machine.

I agree with Robert
#1 cause of the "misting effect" is the head height. It being to high

#2 cause is usually the print head has a little junk on it (ink or possibly grease from you just recently handling it) ... quick cleaning and manual wipe w/ cleaning solution should help.

inkmed

if there is no problem with head, it is very likely the problem of the print head height.
and please pay attention to humidity in your print house.

Adam Yang
Inkmed