Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mix coolant

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by Border Press, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Hi I have an Arizona 318 GL Flatbed. I just received a new bottle of coolant but it looks different from the previous bottle we used to use. Canon said this is the bottle they sell now instead. It's a clear liquid and the previous one was green. Is it okay to mix it with the coolant it already in the machine or do I need to flush it all out or something?

Tags:
  2. Cory Marcin

Cory Marcin Member

Oct 2, 2018
    Wisconsin
    We run an EFI H1625 Flatbed. Our coolant went from clear to blue. I asked EFI the same question and they said it was fine to mix the two coolants. I know this isn't the same printer, but I thought I would offer my experience with the subject.
    Good luck!

3. AGCharlotte

AGCharlotte Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Charlotte, NC
    coolant is mostly water w/ some glycol so it shouldn't cause any issues mixing them.

4. Broome Signs

Broome Signs Member

Nov 1, 2018
    england
    hi we run two arizonas and have gone from green to clear without any probs

5. okay thank you all for your feedback

6. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I have run about 10 different types of printers, including a couple of UV flatbeds & have never heard of "coolant" WTF is it used for?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    To cool the lamps. Even LED UV requires coolant.

8. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Thanks.....Good to know, mine never used them, just heavy duty fans

9. Actually in my case it's used to regulate ink temperature. Ink has to be at 47º C to operate.

10. AlsEU

AlsEU Member

Jul 16, 2014
    European Union
    It's clear that you have no idea about the Arizona flatbeds. These machines use so-called 'coolant' to heat up the heads and keep them in proper temperature. UV lamps are cooled with the fans.