• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mixing Orajet vinyl with Avery lam.

frojasferrari

Hi there,

I have been printing my decals (kisscut stickers, die cut stickers) on orajet 3621 print is great, then I laminated with the CHEAPEST chinese lam that everybody uses here. The guys where I buy the 3621 doesnt have the oraguard 210, yeah, and they are the oracal dealer here in Chile.
I have been looking around for something similar to the 210 lam, and found the Avery 2060.... what you guys think about that mix?

The current problem im having with the cheap lam is this:
attachment.php

And those were printed yesterday... I think this is because the super chinese cheap lam is shrinking at the speed of light.
My other question is, with an intermediate calendered as 210 or avery 2060 will the shrinking will be like this?

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 319

frojasferrari

Was thinking about that too, right now I´m doing some tension tests to see if the super cheap chinese magic lam can be used fot our stickers production.
When laminating with cast lams we dont have the curl problem. But the use of cast vinyl/lam for stickers is out of the question.

Split76

we mix avery / 3m / oracal / aslan vinyl/laminates and i haven't noticed any changes than different cutting pressures for some (calendered)

greysquirrel

mixing manufacturers should not be a problem..use cast lam with cast vinyl and calendared with calendared and you should not have an issue...if your prints curl upward you have way too much tension on your laminate

frojasferrari

I dont know the brand, in fact, we know nothing about it, just that a 1,52 mts.x50mts roll is 50 bucks.

Last edited: