• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mixing Vinyl & Laminates

lkt1954

Normally we use 3165ra for all our lettering and laminate with 210. As luck would have it I ran out of the 3165ra, but I have some 3751ra on hand.

M question is can I get by with using the 210 laminate instead of the recommended 290 on the 3751 and get by with it? I am printing a large decal (52" x 64") to go on a trailer. This is a back-up print incase the first one gets screwed up. I cant get any 3165ra till Tuesday and the job is set for that afternoon.

Any thought/suggestions?

Thanks
Larry

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The fundamental rule here is cast with cast and calendared with calendared. It doesn't matter a whit who made the vinyl and who made the laminate as long as both both are cast or both are calendared. If the types are mixed one's going to shrink at a different rate than the other and this is all but guaranteed to cause a large headache.