• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mobile advertising board

we've been asked to quote on one of those boards you see people twirling at the side of roads to grab your attention, you know the ones they throw up into the air and twirl them around... they want an arrow approx 5ft long.
now having never done anything like that before what kind of substrate would you all recommend? i guess it needs to be light but tough as no doubt they get dropped numerous times through the day etc. any ideas? anyone done any of these before?

yeah i'd thought of that in the beginning but wasn't to keen on the idea as corro does have a habit of bending and they throw these things around in the air all day.

Fitch

You need it to last - you do not want your client wasting their money. Longevity is the secret, particularly as several employees may be using it over time.

You do not want it to bend - 5 ft is quite a length, and you do not want the "twirler" bending in high wind, or worst - should it get run over by a car.

You may want to change the message from time to time, so removing vinyl or paint by heat gun, paint stripper, sander, or in worst case scenario... a grinder.

Half inch (1/2") forged steel sounds like the go.

If that doesn't quite sound feasible - use coroplast.

Cheers - G

drive

and 1/2" forged steel will build muscles and protect employees from bullets!

13mil corex. and just slap printed opaque vinyl on the existing sign for a money saving quick turn fix when its time to update the message. no need to peel it ( or grind it!)

and 1/2" forged steel will build muscles and protect employees from bullets!

lol...thats funny!! so you guys think coro will do then yeah? i mean its cheap enough and easy enough to swop over the message when needed i guess.