• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mobile Decal Business

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Holy crap, you guys are brutal with honesty. I like it! That's exactly why people like me post here. What might sound like a good idea to me may sound stupid to someone who has been through it. I can take all the constructive criticism, I will only be thankful for someone being blunt.

I want to go with the build a website idea but I've always wondered how you go about building a clientele. I'm sure there are millions of people doing the same thing. I'm very open to the idea.

Anyone here know how to get started?

In my experience as a seller of clip art and digital art files, the days of doing your own direct marketing of digital products from files to decals are dwindling and coming to a close. You are far better off to deal with a site like Etsy.com or even ebay. They will not only give you instant exposure to a huge number of buyers but they will have the job of working with mobile and other devices and driving traffic to their site. Your cost at Etsy will run about 7% to 12% depending on the item price including the credit card fees you will have to pay if you run your own ecommerce site. Setup cost is zero and it costs you .20 per item that you list for sale which can be a dedicated design or customized by the customer. When an item sells, it costs you 3.5% commission and a transaction fee of 3% +.25 for the credit card fees.

So if you sell an item for $10.00 it costs you the following:

.20 Listing Fee
.35 Commission to Etsy
.55 Credit Card Transaction Fee

$1.10 Total Fees and Etsy then deposits the $8.90 difference in your bank account.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
When you let those who are good at getting things marketed do their thing, you end up with money in your mailbox.

fptp;ia sale.jpg

decalman

I have a mobile shop, but I don't do signs I specialize in a certain market and also on the web.
I don't like being tied down. When summer rolls around, I'm free to go wherever, plus, I'm not bound up with lease expenses. Different strokes, for different folks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have a mobile shop, but I don't do signs I specialize in a certain market and also on the web.
I don't like being tied down. When summer rolls around, I'm free to go wherever, plus, I'm not bound up with lease expenses. Different strokes, for different folks.

I think it's especially silly to poo-poo common sense from various people, but give out baseless information, which was kept secret, due to non-credible information from nothingness. You stroke it alright.......a little too much. :ROFLMAO:

Year-round, I'm free to do what I want, if I so choose. If you do well, you're never tied down. That's solely your decision and only yours. You are where you are due to all of your decisions, whether good or bad. You mold your life, you don't let it dictate to you.

decalman

I think it's especially silly to poo-poo common sense from various people, but give out baseless information, which was kept secret, due to non-credible information from nothingness. You stroke it alright.......a little too much. :ROFLMAO:

Year-round, I'm free to do what I want, if I so choose. If you do well, you're never tied down. That's solely your decision and only yours. You are where you are due to all of your decisions, whether good or bad. You mold your life, you don't let it dictate to you.

I knew if I conjured up this post about the mobile shop that I would reel in an idiot, and guess who took the bait??? HAAAA HAAAAA Thanks, you made my night :ROFLMAO:

Boy Mr Gino are you dumb. Show me some brains. I dare you.
If you only had an ounce of brains. :Big Laugh

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I knew if I conjured up this post about the mobile shop that I would reel in an idiot, and guess who took the bait??? HAAAA HAAAAA Thanks, you made my night :ROFLMAO:

Boy Mr Gino are you dumb. Show me some brains. I dare you.
If you only had an ounce of brains. :Big Laugh

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously ?? It only takes a chump to think of stories like yours. Daydreaming clown, is what they call it. :dog42​

Bly

We did some signage for a guy who set up a coffee shop in a van.
I reckon that would be a good business.
You really only have one product to produce. Maybe some cakes.

decalman

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously ?? It only takes a chump to think of stories like yours. Daydreaming clown, is what they call it. :dog42​

Sorry I hurt your feelings.
I didn't mean to bruise you so bad, you'd actually stoop to this.

Been doing it mobile with a lot of success in business since 96 mobile since 2003 still going strong been very fortunate with equipment not to much down time I have inverters generators completely self contained Our target mostly is vehicle/truck lettering Show up design cut install on to the next 1620.jpg 247.jpg