Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile Phone Users May Now Access Signs 101 Using the Tapatalk App

Discussion in 'Signs101 Website News' started by Fred Weiss, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    We have installed the Tapatalk add-on for Signs101. Mobile users may download the app for their iPhone, iPads or Android devices for free:

12.png 13.png

There is also a more fully functional app available for $2.99 at the Google Play store: Tapatalk Pro.

The install, as well as whether or not this is the best choice to meet the needs of our members using mobile phones is still open to question. Since I do not own a smartphone, any feedback will be helpful. Following their directions, I believe that users will find themselves entering the site at the forums main page instead of the home page. I would like if this arrangement is satisfactory?

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2018
    Tags:
  2. kgirl

kgirl Active Member

Apr 25, 2005
    San Diego
    we have this for our board too....it works pretty good...

3. VINYLIMAGEZ

VINYLIMAGEZ Member

Aug 29, 2007
    thanks fred, this works good! I can see my pms and everything, im using it right now, lol!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

4. signcrafters london

signcrafters london Very Active Member

May 22, 2010
    London KY
    I don't know anything about tapatalk. How is it better than just using my android browser?

5. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    It is supposed to be designed for the purpose of interfacing with the forum software we use. Others will probably be better able to point out the advantages.

6. VINYLIMAGEZ

VINYLIMAGEZ Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Its a lot faster than using the browser, easier too.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

7. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    Screaming fast for sure!

The way you can view the tread are really nice... NO LEFT RIGHT SCROLLING!!!

And best of all... posting and pm'ing is soooo much easier!

8. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    I rarely use my iPhone for web browsing anymore. The screen is just too damn small for these tired old eyes. At work I have my desktop, and at home I use my iPad or laptop.

I'll download it anyway and see if it's any better at all.

The free version doesn't allow for viewing full size attachments. It's different but I don't like change, so I'll just keep using safaris browser on the rare occasion I want to visit 101.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  9. bayshorecreations

bayshorecreations Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2007
    NJ
    Pretty cool! I'm posting from my blackberry right now. I like it!
    Thanks for adding this to the forum.

10. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Tapatalk Has Been Removed from Signs 101

We have had to remove the Tapatalk mobile phone application from Signs 101. It was being used to distribute malware through this site and almost got us blacklisted by Google. We recommend that you use the Forum Runner app instead if you are accessing Signs 101 from a mobile phone.

In seeking a solution, we also received warnings from our anti-virus software about infected pages when we visited the Tapatalk website ... so if you are using this app at all, you may want to look for other options.

11. Tim Aucoin

Tim Aucoin Very Active Member

Thanks for the heads up Fred! Forum Runner is the better app anyhow. Works very slick! :thumb:

12. GypsyGraphics

Mar 19, 2009
    Fred, i sure hope some over zealous member didn't unwittingly rush you into that app without giving you time to sufficiently check it out. if so, i'm sure the member didn't realize the trouble it might cause.

and i'm sure she's very sorry if she did :(

13. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I jumped in too quick too Gypsy. I bought it soon as I saw we were hooked up. I'm gonna wait a bit and see if this next deal passes the test.

14. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    I would be willing to bet that Fred is a forgiving person and will not hold it against the person that suggested the app.:rolleyes:

15. GypsyGraphics

Mar 19, 2009
    oh "she" didn't suggest that particular app, but "she" was all over it, like white-on-rice at the very suggestion.
    think she was getting whiny about having a mobile app and maybe he was anxious to shut her up

she's definitely more trouble than she's worth here

16. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    Isn't that what most men do when she starts whining? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

17. Milweb1

Milweb1 New Member

May 28, 2009
    lol

Great just me luck... I see this post after I just downloaded Tapatalk... lol

18. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    If you read the original thread asking for this, the Tapatalk app has other problems as well in the way they handle image uploads, so i was inclined to remove it anyway. The problem with it is that they insist on being an intermediate host and now the hackers have discovered it's an easy target.

I checked them out otherwise and they have lots of happy forum owners along with several who have openly reported the problem at vBulletin's forum.

As I said, Forum Runner is also installed and seems to not have the issues that Tapatalk has ... so use it instead.