• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mobile Phone Users May Now Access Signs 101 Using the Tapatalk App

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We have installed the Tapatalk add-on for Signs101. Mobile users may download the app for their iPhone, iPads or Android devices for free:

12.png 13.png

There is also a more fully functional app available for $2.99 at the Google Play store: Tapatalk Pro.

The install, as well as whether or not this is the best choice to meet the needs of our members using mobile phones is still open to question. Since I do not own a smartphone, any feedback will be helpful. Following their directions, I believe that users will find themselves entering the site at the forums main page instead of the home page. I would like if this arrangement is satisfactory?

Last edited by a moderator:

VINYLIMAGEZ

thanks fred, this works good! I can see my pms and everything, im using it right now, lol!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

GypsyGraphics

Screaming fast for sure!

The way you can view the tread are really nice... NO LEFT RIGHT SCROLLING!!!

And best of all... posting and pm'ing is soooo much easier!

SignManiac

I rarely use my iPhone for web browsing anymore. The screen is just too damn small for these tired old eyes. At work I have my desktop, and at home I use my iPad or laptop.

I'll download it anyway and see if it's any better at all.

The free version doesn't allow for viewing full size attachments. It's different but I don't like change, so I'll just keep using safaris browser on the rare occasion I want to visit 101.

Last edited:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Tapatalk Has Been Removed from Signs 101

We have had to remove the Tapatalk mobile phone application from Signs 101. It was being used to distribute malware through this site and almost got us blacklisted by Google. We recommend that you use the Forum Runner app instead if you are accessing Signs 101 from a mobile phone.

In seeking a solution, we also received warnings from our anti-virus software about infected pages when we visited the Tapatalk website ... so if you are using this app at all, you may want to look for other options.

GypsyGraphics

Fred, i sure hope some over zealous member didn't unwittingly rush you into that app without giving you time to sufficiently check it out. if so, i'm sure the member didn't realize the trouble it might cause.

and i'm sure she's very sorry if she did :(

TheSnowman

I jumped in too quick too Gypsy. I bought it soon as I saw we were hooked up. I'm gonna wait a bit and see if this next deal passes the test.

rcook99

Fred, i sure hope some over zealous member didn't unwittingly rush you into that app without giving you time to sufficiently check it out. if so, i'm sure the member didn't realize the trouble it might cause.

and i'm sure she's very sorry if she did :(

I would be willing to bet that Fred is a forgiving person and will not hold it against the person that suggested the app.:rolleyes:

GypsyGraphics

I would be willing to bet that Fred is a forgiving person and will not hold it against the person that suggested the app.:rolleyes:

oh "she" didn't suggest that particular app, but "she" was all over it, like white-on-rice at the very suggestion.
think she was getting whiny about having a mobile app and maybe he was anxious to shut her up

she's definitely more trouble than she's worth here

rcook99

oh "she" didn't suggest that particular app, but "she" was all over it, like white-on-rice at the very suggestion.
think she was getting whiny about having a mobile app and maybe he was anxious to shut her up

Isn't that what most men do when she starts whining? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you read the original thread asking for this, the Tapatalk app has other problems as well in the way they handle image uploads, so i was inclined to remove it anyway. The problem with it is that they insist on being an intermediate host and now the hackers have discovered it's an easy target.

I checked them out otherwise and they have lots of happy forum owners along with several who have openly reported the problem at vBulletin's forum.

As I said, Forum Runner is also installed and seems to not have the issues that Tapatalk has ... so use it instead.