• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Modified Plumbers Logo

Pinfinity

I'd like to thank the pros here for all the advise and critique on improving and pointing out areas of a design that may not work well. Just a note, it is not my style to duplicate and or use any re-designed layouts from anyone. as much as it would certainly make life easier.
It serves as an inspirational desire to improve my skills. I truly appreciate all of the professional opinions and help. Sounds like a sermon doesn't it? lol

signage

I'd like to thank the pros here for all the advise and critique on improving and pointing out areas of a design that may not work well. Just a note, it is not my style to duplicate and or use any re-designed layouts from anyone. as much as it would certainly make life easier.
It serves as an inspirational desire to improve my skills. I truly appreciate all of the professional opinions and help. Sounds like a sermon doesn't it? lol

:goodpost: and this is what the forum is best for:toasting:

OldPaint

tiki nailed it. your attempts with the font for the guys name, was doing strange things.
1. needed to be a little more space between each letter. kerned way to tight, made it look smooshed.
2. is it just my bad left eye(had a stroke in my optical nerve)that makes the DUHERTY look like it has a slight curve on the bottom when viewed at a distance?
3. what tiki did.........eliminated the problem.

Dan Antonelli

Tiki's layout looks great. One other thing to note in your original layouts - you were using using a light contrast for your main copy (yellow), and then relying on heavy outline/block drop shadow (Black) to make up for the legibility with yellow lettering. Go the opposite - you should always try to go with darker lettering, and then use a lighter contrasting color for your outline and drop shadow. Will make it infinitely more legible. When you run on a dark colored panel - then obviously lighter color for lettering, and then darker for outline and shadow.

Marlene

I mostly like it, but I don't care for the shadow depth ... it could be a lot less and wouldn't tend to draw the eye to the right hand side of the "Y"

my thought too. If you don't go with what Tiki did, I'd fill in the area between the letter and would make a straight bottom on the shadow to help fix the problem

Attachments

• Modified%20logo%206-2-12 A.jpg
    Modified%20logo%206-2-12 A.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 85

Deaton Design

Tiki and Bobs versions are both great, but I also think his original version has some merit, and it shows he has layout skills. The advice you all have given him here is great,and judging by his replies, he no doubtedly will use that advice, but telling him to use someone elses design I dont think is good criticism. The designers here put things up on posts like these to give them a chance to see how they would have done it. From there, the original poster can take different elements and his own ideas and come up with something he can use. Now, there are some that I see that probably would fare better with using a designer to do their stuff, but Pinfinity has some skills. Good for you all for helping him out...:)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Kudos to all posting up designs. They all look good and certainly a vast improvement on the plumber's original logo.

On your original, the only thing I really didn't like [design-wise] was the word 'Bob' by itself out there. In some medias, that might be hard to duplicate and still be legible.