• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Money Wrap...

777signs

Since all the copyright stuff is going on, I thought I would post this to see if anyone sees anything wrong. We are going to start outsourcing our wrap designs to be printed and offer this to our racers. This is what we came up with for our car, it was a quick design(once I did the money which is in about 150 layers). I was having fun when it was slow. I have 2 questions.
1. What do you think of the design.
2. Is there anything wrong with doing the money the way I did it, originally it was going to have another layer over it with a rip showing money inside, but decided to go this way instead.

Attachments

• limitedflamescopy2.jpg
    limitedflamescopy2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 117

signgal

well, idk if you're looking for opinions from the design aspect or just the copyright/legality side but I'm just thinking... why money? I mean, will there be a tagline about full color wraps equalling more money for your business or your sponsors or something?

Flame

Make them 50% larger than regular bills and you shouldn't have any issues.

Now if you're looking for design input, um...... not a fan of the ripping skull guy or the lettering. It took me a minute but the flames over the money is not bad for a racecar, just not too hip on the weird 777 and the weird skull man.

Last edited:

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
personally, i like the design...it works for a race car (that's what this is for right??)...as far as copyright and printing the $$....i can't answer...never had a problem..

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The Secret Service is primarily concerned with two sided renderings in color at actual size. Because you're only rendering one side and they are overlapping, any objection is doubtful. If the size is smaller or larger than standard sizes, then you will definitely not have any problem.

Marlene

U.S. And Foreign Currency Reproductions
Before 1984, the law forbade the use of currency reproduction in commercial advertisements (whether photographic or other likeness). Reproduction was permitted only for philatelic, numismatic, educational, or news purposes. In 1984, however, the U.S. Supreme Court held in Regan v. Times, Inc. that the section of law forbidding reproduction of U.S. or foreign currency was an unconstitutional restriction of free speech. The Regan v. Times, Inc. decision prompted the Department of Treasury to permit the reproduction of U.S. and foreign currency for any purpose if the reproduction met certain requirements.

The Counterfeit Deterrence Act of 1992 granted authority to the Secret Service (through the Department of Treasury) to permit color illustrations of U.S. currency-subject to rule making by the Secret Service. The final rules were issued May 31, 1996 ( Federal Register : May 31, 1996 (Volume 61 No.106, pp.27280-27281), which amended Title 3, Chapter IV of the Code of Federal Regulations, by adding Part 411 to permit color illustrations of U.S. currency [as authorized by 18 USC, Section 504 and Treasury Directive No.15-56, 58FR48539 (9/16/93)].
The new guidelines on currency reproduction now permit the printing, publishing, and importation, and the making or importation of the necessary plates or items for such printing or publishing, of color illustrations of U.S. currency provided that all of the following criteria are met:
  1. The currency reproduction is more than 11/2 the size or less than 3/4 the size, in linear dimension, of the currency or any part of the currency.
  2. The illustration must be one-sided.;
  3. All negatives, plates, positives, digitized storage medium, graphic files, magnetic medium, and optical storage that contain an image of the illustration shall be destroyed and/or deleted or erased after their final use.
In addition, law (18 USC 475) prohibits the printing of business cards containing images of obligations or securities of the United States unless the above listed restrictions are met. Furthermore, law prohibits the stamping of advertisements onto genuine obligations.

here's the link as there's more but it seems like you are OK

www.printing.org/page/2802
www.printing.org/page/2802

777signs

This is a racecar. The money thing goes with racing. It costs lots of money to race. The skull is the drivers idea. He likes skulls and stars. Racers look at wraps differently than advertisers. They just want cool, the SKULL WRAP that caused the big stir with copyrights would have been a hit with racers. The 777 is out number design, it is on this car, and one other that we sold. The other 2 cars have the old number, but one is being redone next week. We are trying to keep all the cars with the same number design. Thanks for all the input!!!

Arthur Hermiz

Mosh

From the stands it will look like a green car. Much larger dollars. You ever been to a race to see what wraps look like while the car is on the track. Helps with the design if you keep that in mind, most I see look like crap from the stands or even the pits.

777signs

Mosh, yes I have been to see what they look like from the stands. The ones with skulls and stuff look like a blur too. Our team color is Kawasaki green. This car right now is blue. The green flames on the money was intentional to stay with the green idea. I also thought about doing one big $100 bill with the drivers face in the face spot(there is one on the back of the car in the picture) but decided it looked better with lots of bills.

777signs

on another note, I posted this on the racers forum, they all liked it, except they wanted more of an outline around the number to help it stand out more.

K Chez

I hear the scorers complaining already! The number is really hard to read with the busy background.

Patrick46

I'd get rid of the stars on the numbers. They're already stylized ALOT, so lets not overdo it. I also do not like the flames, but I've been hand doing flames for so many years, that I'm very opinionated about 'em. I agree that the bills need to be bigger too.

HeavyHitter

I did a similar design for an RC Car a couple years ago.... The customer wanted to show how he was burning money. LOL Cool idea.

Dan

Flame

on another note, I posted this on the racers forum, they all liked it, except they wanted more of an outline around the number to help it stand out more.

I do both commercial signage and race graphics, and I'm telling you, the number is fugly. Take it or leave it, but sounds like you made up your mind before you already posted this.

777signs

The number was designed last year, the other drivers, and my wife, like it. But we changed the color for this one. Its not great, but its not bad. I do like it. Changing it would take an act of congresss because there are 4 drivers running this number design, and my wife has had shirts made with the number. But thanks for the honesty. I am not going to get defensive and irate, this is why I wanted to post it.

777signs

You must be having good luck to pursue racers and on a FORUM. They are my Worst. Customers. Ever.

They are bad, but being that I am one of them, I don't have too many problems. Especially when I put a limit on what I am going to do. I told them I was doing only 20 cars this month, they don't argue the price. Being I am not full time, I know how many I can do in the alotted time and still have time to get my 4 cars done(3 get new graphics and one is getting the old body put back on). After March 6th, I'll take more. That is after the season starts and that is when all these cars need to be done by and they ALWAYS wait till the last minute.