Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitior colors to printed colors

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by danger, Nov 14, 2012.

1. danger

danger Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Is there a way to get this really close ? I currently have a sp540v and next week ill have a RE-640 and design and rip threw flexi 10.5 on a acer 27 inck led monitor and beofre you tell me to run versaworks i have a summa cutter so thats not supported

Tags:
  2. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Get an i1 pro, then study up on color management and ICC profiles. Your monitor can display a much wider gamut than your printer can print. The only option is to profile your printer than profile your monitor and match it to the printers gamut. Then you need to make sure your design apps use these same profiles so they are within the same limits. Then make sure these design apps output files with an attached color space and profile that is also within the same limits that Flexi will accept and work with.

3. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    What Sightline said!

You need to learn color managment and calibrations as well as buy the equipment to do it.

FYI color managment and calibrations with matching colors can be a very long and difficult road but if you go down it and learn it it is very much worth it.

Good Luck.

4. CP Signs

CP Signs Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Stittsville
    +1