• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Monitor Calibration

SAS

What do you use for monitor calibration (brand)?
Huey
Huey Pro
Eye One Display
Eye One LT

?????

Sparky

Huey Pro. Constantly adjust monitors as the light in the room changes. Has worked perfect for me so far,

Pat Whatley

If my monitor color settings are all out of whack and the colors are horrible I can plug this little thing in and it will fix that?
Do I have to leave it stuck on there...or do this daily...or just do it and stick it back in the box until it gets messed up again?

Help a brother continue his geniosity.

Signs365

Merchant Member
All they really do is standardize color output... no matter what the device is. We run the Eye-One on all of our monitors and printers. It'll flash a bunch of colors on the computer screen while it simultaneously reads the color output of the monitor. For a printer it talks to your RIP and tells the printer to print a bunch of different swatches of color. Then you take the Eye-One (really just a simplified camera with a UV light in the lens) and run it over your swatches... it will read the CMYK output of each swatch and change your profile accordingly. In certain RIPS it allows you to hit CMYK PMS spot colors dead on.

Does Genius prevail????

SAS

All they really do is standardize color output... no matter what the device is. We run the Eye-One on all of our monitors and printers. It'll flash a bunch of colors on the computer screen while it simultaneously reads the color output of the monitor. For a printer it talks to your RIP and tells the printer to print a bunch of different swatches of color. Then you take the Eye-One (really just a simplified camera with a UV light in the lens) and run it over your swatches... it will read the CMYK output of each swatch and change your profile accordingly. In certain RIPS it allows you to hit CMYK PMS spot colors dead on.

Does Genius prevail????

Are you running the Eye One Display 2?

John M

Am I correct in thinking that the X-Rite "Eye-One Photo LT" is their product that will take care calibrating both monitors and printers? Looks like a decent product -- now to see who's got the best price.

JR's

Hi sas I had a Q on my monitor the colors are off, for instance teal looks like light blue yellow looks like gold . will that product fix that to?

John M

That looks like a good priced alternative, especially the Suite version that also does printers & multiple monitors.

Bogie

John, the things need to be able to cope with CMYK profiles, etc... A lot of the lower end ones can't do that.

Ken

I just do a reduced size test print..check/ compare/adjust..didn't need to spend a thousand bucks..
Ken

John M

Thanks Bogie. I knew their lowest offering didn't do enough but the suite, or perhaps their PrintFIX PLUS ($399 @ Tiger Direct) which is basically everything in one package, might do the trick.

I'm all about saving money but I'm not cheap. They're two vastly different things.

resqfiremedic

Your gonna spend at least 1k for a good all around profiling setup! I use the i1 Display 2. It calibrates monitor color with ambient light.