• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Monitor refuses to turn on?

gabagoo

One of my Monitors last week dies the white screen of death and I decided to bring my viewsonic in from home. The viewsonic does not plug directly into an outlet but uses I suppose a dc converter or something that then plugs into the back of the monitor. It worked at home before I unplugged it and now here it won't turn on at all. The little balck box (dc converter) has a little green light on it and it is on but the monitor "on" light just refuses to go on. I find this a bit strange seeing that I have used this monitor day in day out at home for over 3 years with never a problem. Any Ideas whats going on?

gabagoo

NO I mean the green or orange light that is on the monitor doesn't even go on so it doesn't seem to be getting any power at all. very strange indeed

SignProOhio

Hmm sounds like it went on strike...check your contract with it to make sure you are both benefiting from each other lol j/k.....i had this problem a couple weeks ago.....to be honest I can't tell you what to do....I just kept restarting the pc with the monitor in until it worked

OldPaint

circuit breaker??? bad receptical?? is this receptical
GROUNDED? are you having power flucuations? maybe the power cord has a seperation?

signage

If you know how to read a multimeter and can see what the power supply output voltage is and check it!

TheSnowman

Step one...throw monitor in trash, and shell out money for new parts. I've got no advice on this one...but normally, that's what I have to do, or I choose to do cause I'm sick of dealin' w/ it.