• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Monument Fonts

stonecutter

I am looking for a supplier of fonts that are used in the monument industry. I am a date cutter/monument builder, and have many fonts that are common in the industry. But, there are many variations of the same font, such as, modified roman. There's probably 7 variations of modified roman. This request is for my library to have on hand and to get the best possible match. I've found you can never have enough fonts.
Thank you.

Kurt

monument man

Monument Lettering Center

Try the Monument Lettering Center. Lots of versions of Vermarco, Modified Roman, Common Gothic, etc. - with historical data and distinguishing features to help identify for matching existing inscriptions.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Try the Monument Lettering Center. Lots of versions of Vermarco, Modified Roman, Common Gothic, etc. - with historical data and distinguishing features to help identify for matching existing inscriptions.

Not spam at all. We also do stone engraving and I've had an eye on a few of your typefaces for a while.

JB

monument man

Not spam at all. We also do stone engraving and I've had an eye on a few of your typefaces for a while.

JB

Hi James, thanks for the response. Like stonecutter mentioned, there are lots of variations of the standard monument fonts, but most computer software only contain a couple of them. It always pains me to see the wrong font used for a second date inscription on someones memorial, and I'm hoping the MLC font project can help with this. Let me know if you ever run into any fonts you need sooner rather than later, I've got a queue of a couple dozen I'm working through at the moment.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I personally like the appeal of the older typefaces (pre Modified Roman), and I use it in much of our new work.

JB

monument man

I personally like the appeal of the older typefaces (pre Modified Roman), and I use it in much of our new work.

JB

I've only created a couple of fonts based on pre 1920s lettering styles because of the need for so many more modern fonts, but there are quite a few in my queue. I've got some older resources to pull from, including a book from 1913 called Practical Lettering for Memorials, published by the American Stone Trade. It has page after page of lettering originally meant for hand carving.