• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Monument Sign Help!

Sven

My customer asked me to price out a monument sign. I have never made one and don't know where to start--how to make one, options, vendors, how to price, etc. Any advice is appreciated.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Peachtree City Foamcraft is a Merchant Member here and do outstanding work.

Years ago when they first started up they did a few things for us and we were more than pleased. They've done nothing but get better, since.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Well lets see:

You can build it out of:
Aluminum
Masonry
Wood
Steel
Stone
Foam
Styrofoam

You can:
Paint it
Vinyl it
leave it bare

You can mount it:
on poles
on concrete slab
bury it

But first, you should design it.... or get someone to do it for you.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
+1 --- except you still gotta give em a texture to use.

Peachtree City Foamcraft is a Merchant Member here and do outstanding work.

Years ago when they first started up they did a few things for us and we were more than pleased. They've done nothing but get better, since.

Sven

I'm thinking plywood with aluminum skin to form a kind of box, and then either vinyl lettering or cut acrylic.
Those are all things that I can control.

:clapping:Hello and Congrats on entering the world of selling monument signs! Monument Signs can be a big endeavor if you don't where to start. That is where we come in -- We (Peachtree City Foamcraft) are the nation's largest wholesale -only manufacturer of foam monument signs.

A big :thankyou:to all of the awesome folks already gave us introduction, we appreciate it and we truly love what we do - so thanks again.

OK, Here is a very "basic" rundown of how it works,

1. You can choose from one of our 56 standard models or you can create a custom design.

2. Email us your design and we we will contact you with any questions, we will then you give you a price.

3. You add your cost to the proposal - your mark-up, installation, any additional graphics, etc... and submit it to the client.

4. Once it is a job, we go to work. We manufacture the monument, ship it to you. You install it. The client gets a premier product, you get all the credit. We will work with you every step of the way.

A brief summary of the benefits we offer:

We are the only wholesale manufacturer to have our product independently tested and approved to withstand 175 mph winds!

Unlimited color, size and design options.

3 manufacturing facilities. 5 year guarantee.

PLEASE visit us online for more information, videos, etc...
Also, email me with your contact information and I will gladly send you out a comprehensive literature packet, design disc, unbranded sales sheets, etc.. also I can email you our wholesale price list. If your client is looking for a ballpark. We DO have an unbranded suggested retail price list.

Hope this helps! Welcome to the wild world of monuments my friend and we look forward to the opportunity to work with you :rock-n-roll:

Doyle

+1 for Peachtree! They built a couple of these monuments for us (custom) and they turned out great, great quality and customer loves them (great customer service, too). I wish I could order something from them every week.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 71

Joe Crumley

I build all my dimensional monument signs. Once you learn the materials and techniques there's no sending them out.

Like Peachtree I employ light weight beadboard for the interiors but my surfaces are make from hard materials like 1/2" HDU. This gives me much more opportunity for creativity.

Joe Crumley
www.normansignco.com

Attachments

• Mag-for-a0aIMG_0087.jpg
    Mag-for-a0aIMG_0087.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 78

signsolutionguy

Help with Monuments

I have designed monument signs for over 10 years and would be glad to help. I would start by finding out what you are allowed to build based on the city regulations in your area. This will save you a lot of time in discussing ideas to your client that can actually become reality. Then visit the site where they want to put the monument and get as much information as you can from your client regarding overall purpose for the sign, design ideas and budget.
I would be glad to subcontract the design if you'd be interested and possibly give you support in selling monuments in the future. The margins can be really good if done right from the beginning!

visual800

I'm thinking plywood with aluminum skin to form a kind of box, and then either vinyl lettering or cut acrylic.
Those are all things that I can control.

you need to step your game up and get away from stuff like this. Get the peachtree design or sit down and design your own and sub it to another vendor. Not only will it look more professional it will open your ideas to more exciting layouts and endless possibilities in future projects

sfd2122

One thing I did not see mentioned is local codes and permits. We always try to find out what local code allows for square footage and any other restrictions before pricing out a monument. The worst thing for a customer is you price them this awesome monument and then find out that the local code doesn't allow it and you have to tell the customer we have to start over. So I recommend at least just looking up code first.