• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

More Concession trailers!

ucmj22

Heres the latest concession trailer work-up. Good, Bad, Indifferent?

Attachments

• SIDE LAYOUT small.jpg
    SIDE LAYOUT small.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 63

Typestries

I like it. I'm sure there is a reason, but the lower awning panel repeats the upper sign panel. With space a commodity on the midway, would it be worth putting something else in the awning panel rather than be repetitive?

njshorts

I like it. I'm sure there is a reason, but the lower awning panel repeats the upper sign panel. With space a commodity on the midway, would it be worth putting something else in the awning panel rather than be repetitive?

I've got the same question... but it looks great!

ucmj22

funny you mention. they just said they wanted to change it (all signs read as customer specified). they now want both flip ups on the side to read funnel cakes and the flip ups on the end to read Corn Dogs. there are also 4 corner flipups that will read Lemon Shakeup. since that is all they sell in this trailer, its hard not to be repetitive.

ucmj22

i like it.. im also glad you didnt put "Real" food on it like most idiots do

that was originally what they wanted, but I created the cartoon Items and they liked it with the beachy, boardwalk theme/colors (Thank God). just finished a real food trailer today too, the italian sausage looked like a turd on a bun.

Mike F

Looks pretty good, but I gotta ask, what's a lemon shake-up? Is that carni speak for lemonade?

Craig Sjoquist

1st 2 things I noticed is the picture of a corndog the word corndogs is hard to read brown or white might be a better color.

The 2nd thing which you might not have a choice on is the main top panel corn dogs casual font looks boring and cheap (not cost wise )

But do like the start looks fairly good and interesting.

OldPaint

loose the wood effect.....to distracting. carnies like it BOLD, SIMPLE, EASY TO READ ...fast!!!!! your selling their products not you ability to make backgrounds))))

ucmj22

Looks pretty good, but I gotta ask, what's a lemon shake-up? Is that carni speak for lemonade?
Basically. They throw a bunch of sugar and ice in a cup then fill it wit squeezed lemons and water, put another cup on top and shake it till the wheels fall off.

loose the wood effect.....to distracting. carnies like it BOLD, SIMPLE, EASY TO READ ...fast!!!!! your selling their products not you ability to make backgrounds))))
Funny you mention. My original had no wood, they requested the wood background.

1st 2 things I noticed is the picture of a corndog the word corndogs is hard to read brown or white might be a better color.

The 2nd thing which you might not have a choice on is the main top panel corn dogs casual font looks boring and cheap (not cost wise )

But do like the start looks fairly good and interesting.
All the fonts have been changed adnauseum regergatatum, and this is what passed the carni test I do agree on the funnel cake lettering, I don't want to ad a new color since there is so many already. Maybe draw the black...

Locals Find!

Basically. They throw a bunch of sugar and ice in a cup then fill it wit squeezed lemons and water, put another cup on top and shake it till the wheels fall off.

So, its carni speak for lemonade thats shaken instead of stirred LOL. You need a little James Bond on their ordering one. -J/K

petesign

I actually like the wood. Shows that they don't take themselves too seriously. As for the duplicate message... If they only sell three things - and there's a crowd around - you wont be able to read the bottom anyway. If there isn't a crowd, I don't guess it's a bad thing to get your message across in more than one spot.