Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Concession trailers!

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by ucmj22, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ucmj22

ucmj22 Very Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Heres the latest concession trailer work-up. Good, Bad, Indifferent?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. sghobbies

sghobbies Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Adel, GA
    nice

3. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    I like it. I'm sure there is a reason, but the lower awning panel repeats the upper sign panel. With space a commodity on the midway, would it be worth putting something else in the awning panel rather than be repetitive?

4. njshorts

njshorts Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Meadville, PA
    I've got the same question... but it looks great!

5. ucmj22

Dec 10, 2009
    funny you mention. they just said they wanted to change it (all signs read as customer specified). they now want both flip ups on the side to read funnel cakes and the flip ups on the end to read Corn Dogs. there are also 4 corner flipups that will read Lemon Shakeup. since that is all they sell in this trailer, its hard not to be repetitive.

6. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    i like it.. im also glad you didnt put "Real" food on it like most idiots do

7. ucmj22

Dec 10, 2009
    that was originally what they wanted, but I created the cartoon Items and they liked it with the beachy, boardwalk theme/colors (Thank God). just finished a real food trailer today too, the italian sausage looked like a turd on a bun.

8. Mike F

Mike F Active Member

May 11, 2011
    Looks pretty good, but I gotta ask, what's a lemon shake-up? Is that carni speak for lemonade?

9. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    1st 2 things I noticed is the picture of a corndog the word corndogs is hard to read brown or white might be a better color.

The 2nd thing which you might not have a choice on is the main top panel corn dogs casual font looks boring and cheap (not cost wise )

But do like the start looks fairly good and interesting.

10. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    Looks good.

is that a signs101 corn dog? :corndog:

11. Salmoneye

Salmoneye Very Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    I like it but the funnel cake doesn't look like a funnel cake.

12. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

loose the wood effect.....to distracting. carnies like it BOLD, SIMPLE, EASY TO READ ...fast!!!!! your selling their products not you ability to make backgrounds))))

13. ucmj22

Dec 10, 2009
    Basically. They throw a bunch of sugar and ice in a cup then fill it wit squeezed lemons and water, put another cup on top and shake it till the wheels fall off.

Funny you mention. My original had no wood, they requested the wood background.

All the fonts have been changed adnauseum regergatatum, and this is what passed the carni test I do agree on the funnel cake lettering, I don't want to ad a new color since there is so many already. Maybe draw the black...

14. Shift Designs

Shift Designs Member

Sep 11, 2010
    United States
    lmao

15. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers

16. petesign

petesign Very Active Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Hoover AL
    I actually like the wood. Shows that they don't take themselves too seriously. As for the duplicate message... If they only sell three things - and there's a crowd around - you wont be able to read the bottom anyway. If there isn't a crowd, I don't guess it's a bad thing to get your message across in more than one spot.