• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

More Encad problems

rllthomas

My Vinyljet now fails to print completely with the exception of the prime function. The carriage moves, but nothing prints out. It does this either via test print from the display menu or if I send it a print from the PC.

When I do a prime the pattern indicates all jets are blocked. I've tried numerous different cartridges.

Any ideas?

rllthomas

Thanks for the response. I did finally get the lines primed. I had to use septum/tubing assemblies that had tubes going down inside the cartridge. The ones the new cartridge came with didn't have the metal tubes and the cartridges wouldn't stay primed.

rllthomas

21886X-00 where X = 5 through 8 for CMYK

At this point I'm wondering if a static charge took out my carriage PCB.

Thanks,

Rich

rllthomas

Wow, talk about lucky!

I came to the conclusion my carriage PCB was faulty to I removed it and wow that was a hell of a lot of yellow ink shorting out all the electronics. I figured it was fried at that point but I cleaned the hedoubletoothpicks out of the board and re-assembled and things are working. The ink was all dry but apparently conductive enough to cause harm. Who would have guessed.

Rich