• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MORE INFO ON THE cloud ripoff....

WildWestDesigns

What might happen is maybe more development in your open source programs. Particularly with Inkscape. GIMP oddly enough is really "mature" considering it's open source and developed by more or less volunteers. I know that for me and my workflow GIMP is a direct replacement for Ps, but that may or may not be true for others on here.

Adobe (and they may be right) is acting on the belief that people (thanks to their marketing department) think that they have to have Adobe products if they want to be considered a true legitimate business (kinda like what the Mac people say with being in the design business, not legit unless you have a Mac). I also believe that some of their "must have" programs (Ps, Ai etc) are effectively at their "mature" stage and they really don't have any tool sets that effectively help out with work flow for their average user anymore and they need something to continue to bring in the revenue. And that's understandable to a point.

Up until recently, I updated every year and had no problem doing so. I also don't have a problem with having the "cloud" as an option for people (for whatever reason) want to have a subscription based plan, but the total 180 switch to only subscription and to where it's going to cost me more in the long run with my workflow. I know too many work arounds to get around that to where I don't have to have their programs.

Same thing is happening with MS and their new gaming platform due out this winter. Sony is taking advantage of customer dissatisfaction on that one just like Corel (and others) is here.