• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

More new "competition"!

Jillbeans

I've seen more corosigns go up (why anyone would use white coro in the snow is beyond me, not that you can read them because they are crammed with 1" lines of text, all-caps) near me. Real long big ones that flop in the breeze.

Yesterday when I was at my local hardware store (the one I worked at) I see that my cards are missing from their bulletin board. The "old" new competition's cards are still up. I liked seeing my cards beside his because the difference in the legibility of mine was like night and day. Guess the "new" guy didn't notice them.

Anyway, he doesn't even have cards. He has a flyer listing all his great services. Cell phone as main number.
But the best part for me was that he spelled his email address wrong, Sharpied it out, then edited it with the proper spelling (which was graphix) hahahaha.
Boy does that make him seem like a professional.

I put more cards up.
Love.....Jill
Waiting for him to become a member here in 3...2...1...

CheapVehicleWrap

Knowing he took your cards, I see you didn't take his; and for good reason. Next time bring a different colored sharpie for a lil 'Jill editin'.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Look at it this way: He or she obviously felt threatened by YOU, not your "old" new competetor. The bottom feeders will always eat what sinks to the bottom...namely p-o-o-p. Don't sink to their level whatever you do.

Keep on marketing to your customer segment, and make sure the customer is very much aware of what makes you different...and worth coming to.

R08

Maybe your cards are gone because customers took them... They can see the difference :)

Jillbeans

No, I check every time I go in there and the cards are always on the cork board.
My best pal also checks them (she has a stack of my cards)
This is a real recent development.
I really don't feel threatened by either new "sign company".
I especially thought it funny that the flyer had a big ol' mistake on it.
Shoulda snapped a pic.