• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

More Work...had to one up dan

Wraps ink

not as polished but work I'm proud of

Attachments

• signs1.jpg
    signs1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 111
  • signs2.jpg
    signs2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 96
  • signs3.jpg
    signs3.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 109
  • signs4.jpg
    signs4.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 92

MikePro

never been a fan of perforated photographs on dark windows, BUT those wraps still look very well-done!
cheers! :toasting:

Dan Antonelli

Looking good!

Your client's seem to like using INC in their vehicles/brands. If they insist, remind them that they shouldn't use them in there - for the same reasons why Apple, McDonalds and Nike don't use in theirs.

Wraps ink

you are right

Dan, Yeah I have yet to successfully persuade them to leave that stuff off. I think LLC. bugs me the most, everytime I see LLC I think of a mom and pop type company. They all say the same thing..."It's my legal name and It has to be on there and their lawyer and everyone else has told them that. a lot of times we leave it off and end having to put it on there anyways. On another note do you have any other design or business books ( other than yours) read it, enjoyed it. The biggest problem I run into is getting a customer to see the value and paying for artwork....the excuse I always get is well this company (my competition) does it for free so why should I have to pay you for design, when I'm already paying so much for the wrap. I have started making all customers pay an artwork deposit which has weeded out a lot of the free loaders but that deposit gets eaten up pretty quickly.

Dan Antonelli

Not sure why they would feel their logo needs to contrain INC or LLC. A logo is not a legal representation of a business. When you design stationery, that is where you put the full legal name of the business below the address, etc. We've designed about 800 brands and maybe 1 or 2 has INC on it. Seriously, if they can't understand why Burger King or any large corporation doesnt have INC in their logo, even though their legal name is Apple, Inc. then they are really pretty ignorant.

As for the artwork, the only reason to be concerned about what your competitors are doing is if they are selling the same thing you are. If they are not, why do you care what they do, or how much they charge for it (or don't charge)? But not assigning a value to the design (which is really the most important part of the wrap) you put yourself on the same playing field as anyone who is selling vinyl by the pound or square footage.

Set your work apart with design work they can't get down the road, and people will pay a premium for it. But it's more than that - its also about educating them on why you're a premium vendor delivering a premium service. This involves much though on how you not only pitch, but present your work, and present your own brand. THose are all important in establishing your own brand promise, and value proposition which differs from those who perhaps compete in the same space.

And don't be afraid to have clients walk. You cant be all things to all people. Many here will say you collect the check and move on. It works for some, but I've built my business by doing the exact opposite. I seem to get more work by saying no, we won't do that and be associated with it. Thus, everything that leaves the office is at a certain standard, which represents the caliber of work we do, and more importantly, want to be associated with.

As for books, these are a few good ones:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Savvy-Des...F8&qid=1392950451&sr=8-3&keywords=jeff+fisher

http://www.amazon.com/Logo-Design-W...F8&qid=1392950566&sr=8-3&keywords=logo+design

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We're another for getting rid of the unneeded suffixes.

If normal channels of discussion with a customer doesn't get them to understand, ask them one simple question :

Will you be answering the phone.....

Good Morning. Metro Fence incorporated or just Metro or Metro Fence ??

Hi there, this is DS Plumbing incorporated or just DS Plumbing ??

Hello. Thank you for calling Air Professionals of South Carolina incorporated. This is Jerry, how can I help you ??

So it boils down to..... how do they want to be known to the rest of the world ?? That long name, which no one will ever remember or something quick and snazzy ??

The biggest problem with this is, they paid for it and they want the world to know they went to that trouble and wanna get their money's worth. In the long run, it hampers their name recognition and sometimes creates a stumbling block for anything from saying the name to making it fit in places from an advertising point of view. It is only a legality point, therefore on invoices, stationery, quotes and whatnot is the only place it needs to appear.

Kwiksigns

wookie
Sometimes llc is necessary. I just had a customer come back. Just a simple lettering job for a transportation company. BABlimo.com was on the side. Failed inspection. Take off .com , put LLC. stupid. but if it were a wrap, I would have kicked myself. the ooh's and ahh's of living near DC.

nikdoobs

INC and LLC annoy me equally as much as stretched type. I just had a customer send me artwork that contained both stretched type with LLC at the end. It also had two taglines that basically said the same thing just worded differently.

I sent him a similar layout with properly constrained type and dropped the LLC. I also only kept one tagline to keep it from being so monotonous. The customer insisted on using his layout.

There has to be a way for us to get paid without uglifying the streets of our cities but every time I drive down the road. I wanna jerk the wheel INTO A GODDAMNED BRIDGE EMBANKMENT!

tumblr_lhmd9b5VlA1qf3pxpo1_500.gif

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes llc is necessary. I just had a customer come back. Just a simple lettering job for a transportation company. BABlimo.com was on the side. Failed inspection. Take off .com , put LLC. stupid. but if it were a wrap, I would have kicked myself. the ooh's and ahh's of living near DC.

Myself.... and I believe most of the others, were speaking of regular businesses who own their own fleet. Larger companies which travel over state lines, transport for other companies [hire out], coach lines and such, as you mentioned, do need to have the complete name on there.... somewhere....usually at 2" minimums. It doesn't have to appear in the advertising scheme, so usually we put them down on the tanks, behind the cab or somewhere so it doesn't ruin the lettering job.

phototec

Not sure why they would feel their logo needs to contrain INC or LLC. A logo is not a legal representation of a business. When you design stationery, that is where you put the full legal name of the business below the address, etc. We've designed about 800 brands and maybe 1 or 2 has INC on it. Seriously, if they can't understand why Burger King or any large corporation doesnt have INC in their logo, even though their legal name is Apple, Inc. then they are really pretty ignorant.

As for the artwork, the only reason to be concerned about what your competitors are doing is if they are selling the same thing you are. If they are not, why do you care what they do, or how much they charge for it (or don't charge)? But not assigning a value to the design (which is really the most important part of the wrap) you put yourself on the same playing field as anyone who is selling vinyl by the pound or square footage.

Set your work apart with design work they can't get down the road, and people will pay a premium for it. But it's more than that - its also about educating them on why you're a premium vendor delivering a premium service. This involves much though on how you not only pitch, but present your work, and present your own brand. THose are all important in establishing your own brand promise, and value proposition which differs from those who perhaps compete in the same space.

And don't be afraid to have clients walk. You cant be all things to all people. Many here will say you collect the check and move on. It works for some, but I've built my business by doing the exact opposite. I seem to get more work by saying no, we won't do that and be associated with it. Thus, everything that leaves the office is at a certain standard, which represents the caliber of work we do, and more importantly, want to be associated with.

As for books, these are a few good ones:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Savvy-Des...F8&qid=1392950451&sr=8-3&keywords=jeff+fisher

http://www.amazon.com/Logo-Design-W...F8&qid=1392950566&sr=8-3&keywords=logo+design

:goodpost:

Good post Dan, you always bring so much to the forum (btw have your books and love them).

:thankyou:

Patentagosse

'Really like the flow on Metro Fences' Hyundai. :thumb: On the same pic, you're probably not the one who dropped so many letters on rig's door in the background behind the car, don't you? :covereyes: