• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Most Basic But Its Escaping Me!!!

vectorterrorist

I am tying to to create a sticker for a motorcycle stand that is 9,5 inches at the top and 10.5 at the bottom and is 5" tall....so it look like a triangle with its top cut off.

I made this using just the line tool...bow I want to round the edges of this....rounding the edge isnt what I have a problem.

what is escaping me is what I need to do to make all four lines become 1 shape. I have tried expanding it and everything in the pathfinder box and nothing works! when I go to add anchors and then delete the middle one it removes one of the lines.....how can I make this become one shape?? its late and common sense is out the window

using illy cs3

thanks

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Why not just start with a rectangle, set guidelines to modify the top and then move the two corner points to the guidelines on axis?

Biker Scout

Something like this?

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    6 KB · Views: 73

Biker Scout

There's a couple of ways of going about this... (if this is in fact what you are looking for.)

Just make a 10.5" rectangle, the got to "Filter : Stylize : Round Corners"

Then make another rectangle, 9.5" wide... center them both up, and use the white selection arrow and grab the bottom corner nodes of the 10.5" rectangle that has been rounded, and scoot them in one side at a time to match the width of your 9.5" rectangle.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There's a couple of ways of going about this... (if this is in fact what you are looking for.)

Just make a 10.5" rectangle, the got to "Filter : Stylize : Round Corners"

Then make another rectangle, 9.5" wide... center them both up, and use the white selection arrow and grab the bottom corner nodes of the 10.5" rectangle that has been rounded, and scoot them in one side at a time to match the width of your 9.5" rectangle.

:thumb: