• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Most Common Fonts Used?

PurplePanther

Just had a basic question for everyone that used Gerber Edge and Omega. What are the most common Gerber fonts you use in your designs? Just was curious what everyones "bread and butter" is!

Thanks,
Brent

threeputt

Impossible question! No seriously, every designer tries for uniqueness. Matching the font with the type, feel, flavor of the business he's designing for.

If you're asking about secondary text, you know, just that ad copy that fills in the message, I'll use something in the Arial family before I'll use Helvetica.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I rarely use the Gerber fonts. I have replaced most of them with the commercial version of the same font using the Disjoin feature of the TT Font Converter and then rebuilding the font using the Gerber Font Designer utility.

high impact

Impossible question! No seriously, every designer tries for uniqueness. Matching the font with the type, feel, flavor of the business he's designing for.

If you're asking about secondary text, you know, just that ad copy that fills in the message, I'll use something in the Arial family before I'll use Helvetica.

:thread

Threeputt,

Serious question.

Why would you use Arial over Helvetica? I know that Helvetica has been overused but I learned a few years ago that most designers hate Arial because it's included in every word processor out there so everybody has it. I was taught to use commercial fonts instead of off the common "off the shelf" fonts. Is there a specific reason why you would use Arial over others?

GK

I try to steer clear of all standard system fonts. However when recreating logos, I am constantly using Helvetica to repair the type in the logos, so obviously other "designers" don't feel the same as me about that lol.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I rarely use the Gerber fonts. I have replaced most of them with the commercial version of the same font using the Disjoin feature of the TT Font Converter and then rebuilding the font using the Gerber Font Designer utility.

i actually used your tutorial on here in order to do this with a certain font because i needed to adjust the kerning, and gerber wouldn't let me because it was a converted script font.....now i'm disjoining all my fonts instead of converting....it only takes a couple extra minutes, and make life that much easier.....