• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Motor ERROR Sc540

makime

Hi!

The story goes like this : I printed like 70 posters today and suddenly when i was doing something with my dtg machine i heard my sc540 wagon go noicy, Like something was stuck between the head wagon and the rails, Then after a few seconds i got the double beep and i got the error message on the screen of the machine.
i restarted the machine and it did a cleaning, and when i was setting up the paper i heard the hard noice again from the knife holder.. i started to print and after 3 times the head moved back and forward i got the same message again?
In the movie under i had luck to record the printer printing and u can hear the noice of it.. and u can even see the error codes i got..
plz help i had to much trouble with this machine... :(

and i did check around the printhead wagon and the knife holder and i saw some dust was stucking fast at the rail part, But i did get it away easy :s

// A verry saad makime :(

Viedo : http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7301/4viz.mp4

i will upload another something happend to the sound with this one :( not my day...

Attachments

• IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 196

CS-SignSupply

Did not watch the video but it sure sounds like the linear bearing is shot.

Power the unit off, unplug, uncap the heads and manually move the print carriage left and right... Do you feel/hear any kind of drag or grinding?

makime

i dont think its from the head part :S
I think its from the knife holder part.. becouse il get the noice from it when i do the paper setup..

Im maybe wrong :S

CS-SignSupply

Then you may also want to check the Carriage wire pulley on the left side of the machine. The bearings inside the pulley can go out as well.

Do you see anything hanging from the cut head assembly? front or rear

Also check to see if the carriage wire is stripped of the plastic where the cut head assembly is connected to it...

If you think it could be the sheet cut mechanism, remove the sheet cut blade and rest of the sheet cut assembly... two phillips head screws and be sure not to the lose the spring.

makime

Il check it tomorrow morning the first thing i do :)

Its 10 at night here in sweden now :)

I really appreciate the help and the tips...

thnx // Maki

makime

Check list

Check List:

I moved the head carriage back and forward and i think it was ok,
then i moved the tool carriage and it was a litle drag int it and a litle grinding noice :S

The pulley seams to be ok no noice or something from it..

And nothing was hanging of the assembly on the rear or front..

And i got a picture here of the stript cable..

I dont think it is from the cut mechanism it sounds more coming from the tool assembly / rails..

Attachments

• IMG_1205.jpg
    IMG_1205.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 166