• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Motorized take-up system thoughts?

Tatonka

I've got a job coming up shortly that's going to use around 500yds of material, with 2 cuts per yd. How well does the take-up system work? That's the only manageable way I can see to make this project work without printing each 2 cuts as one job and cutting them off as it goes.

I know I had seen the installation manual somewhere for them, but can't seem to find it now.

player

The 3rd party winder I have doesn't allow for winding and unwinding, just winding. I have a Roland, but it should be the same for yours.

Tatonka

Just got the s2t160 with take up. It's freaking amazing. Cut a whole roll and didn't look back. I do 90% print, laminate, and cut. Not much sign vinyl but it would work the same if not better.

how do you have the software set up? I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it to do what I want, but I'm running through Onyx Postershop and their cut-server. I finally got it to at least roll material up after a panel, but it only does two rows of marks, which is only half the cutpath, so it'll cut that half, roll up, then come back and find more marks and cut the other half.

Signed Out

how do you have the software set up? I'm having a heck of a time trying to get it to do what I want, but I'm running through Onyx Postershop and their cut-server. I finally got it to at least roll material up after a panel, but it only does two rows of marks, which is only half the cutpath, so it'll cut that half, roll up, then come back and find more marks and cut the other half.

I think that's how it's supposed to work, it's paneling. That's how it can maintain great accuracy on long print/cut jobs, continuously checking alignment. Also less back and forth for the take up breaking the job into sections. If you don't want it to do that maybe you can turn off the paneling option?

I could be dead wrong though, Our take up is in a box. We got a sT160 a little over a month ago, take up was back ordered and came in week or so ago. Maybe get it setup this weekend.

Tatonka

Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but is there a way to get it to roll up when it checks the size? If I run the job I've got, it's about 5 yards long. When I tell the machine to find the marks, it asks me to place over the first mark, then will advance enough material to do the entire job to make sure there's enough on the roll, but it won't roll up when it does that so I end up with all 5 yards of material folding up on the ground.

Tatonka

Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but is there a way to get it to roll up when it checks the size? If I run the job I've got, it's about 5 yards long. When I tell the machine to find the marks, it asks me to place over the first mark, then will advance enough material to do the entire job to make sure there's enough on the roll, but it won't roll up when it does that so I end up with all 5 yards of material folding up on the ground.

got off the phone with Airmark tech support, and no, there's not a way for it to take up while checking the size of material. That's a bit disappointing....how do people do long cuts on these?

CanuckSigns

got off the phone with Airmark tech support, and no, there's not a way for it to take up while checking the size of material. That's a bit disappointing....how do people do long cuts on these?

You shouldn't need to have the machine feed the vinyl out, I dont run a summa but our graphtec has the option to turn that off.

Tatonka

You shouldn't need to have the machine feed the vinyl out, I dont run a summa but our graphtec has the option to turn that off.

That'd be nice, haven't found that setting though. If anyone with a summa knows what setting to change I'd appreciate it!