• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Motowrap and Convex

landdesigns

Going to try using motowrap and convex material, worried about using my Versacamm for the cutting 4mil and 6 mil. Curious if anybody else using a Versacamm to cut the material?

Todd

Tparkin

yep. I use the Convex material w. their matching laminate and cut at a force of 200g and lower the speed to around 10ish. Use a 60* blade and you should be fine.

Flame

Um... don't forget you need laminate. So it's more like 12mil and 14mil!

It's defintly not easy... but you should be able to handle up to 12mil if you do as suggested, low speed, high pressure.

jeph4e

Convex Lam

The new 12 mil. Convex Lam (announced today) is easier to cut than Pro-Shield lam...

jkkt

We cut a combined 18 mil convex and pro shield with the versacamm. Low speed , high force and 60 blade as suggested.

blackicefx

I am about to embark on this same thing. Do I need to raise the head as it is fairly close to the surface and I'd like to avoid a head strike?

Matthew
BlackIceFX