• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mounting 6mm sintra to walls

fozzie

Have a rush job for client. will be mounting prints to 6mm black sintra. size is 3' x 4' . client needs hangers on back to mount to walls.
thinking french cleats but not sure what adhesive would bound the aluminum cleat to the sintra. anyone know what works. dont have time here to really test anything.

also, any other ways to fasten to walls? we always like mechanical but 6mm is too thin for screws.

thanks in advance.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
The panels below are Gatorfoam and Sintra mix. They're all hung with Command Strips.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 168
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 21a.jpg
    21a.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 143

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The panels below are Gatorfoam and Sintra mix. They're all hung with Command Strips.

Hey Moze...... I was thinking of using them for an upcoming project and did some research on them, but my problem is.... the walls have a textured wallpaper on them and I can't find anything like that to work on textured coverings. Any ideas ??

The weight on each one will be about 8 or so lbs. each, covering about a 2'x 3' area each.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Hey Moze...... I was thinking of using them for an upcoming project and did some research on them, but my problem is.... the walls have a textured wallpaper on them and I can't find anything like that to work on textured coverings. Any ideas ??

The weight on each one will be about 8 or so lbs. each, covering about a 2'x 3' area each.

The Command Strips aren't suggested for use on wallpaper.

If the customer doesn't mind damaged wallpaper, I would use 1" squares of VHB tape (add a few dollops of silicone if they really don't mind damage). If they want minimal damage, it depends on what material you're hanging, but I guess at that point, you would have to use a mechanical fastener. With thicker panels you can get creative and epoxy keyhole hangers on the back. Which now that I say that is how some of the previous pictures I posted were hung. Forgot about that. :covereyes:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nope, can't do any damage or my head will be smashed. It's more like a drapery or wall hanging that will be hung, so there is a little weight involved. However, it will be changed from time to time and not always going back to the same positions. I was thinking a small brad and use some goop to put in the hole when moving things around. :rolleyes:

fozzie

thanks all

thanks for the responses. we found that we could use a #8 x 3/8 sheet metal screw with a french cleat and it holds great. we just had to use a small washer as a spacer to keep the screw from coming out the front.