• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mounting a sandblasted sign

robcoker

i am mounting a hdu sandblasted sign in between to 4x4 post, what would be the best way to mount it. should i just screw lag bolts in thru the 4x4 post or should i build some sort of frame. one sign is 4x2 and other one is 4x3 thanks any suggestion will help

Billct2

Need more info.
Single/double side
Thickness
Panel shape

I almost always give HDU some kind of support/stiffener

k.a.s.

If single sided, run stringers behind the sign and fasten to that. If double sided, you should've decided this before you made it. If it is double sided, I would suggest some aluminum angle, painted to match, and then fasten through the sign with a bolt and nut.

Do not just run lags through the posts into the sign, HDU will not hold if your trying to thread into it.

Kevin

Kottwitz-Graphics

one sign is 4x2 and other one is 4x3 thanks any suggestion will help
From what I am seeing, you have a sign that is 2' tall x 4' wide, and one that is 3' tall x 4' tall, one stacked on top of another, between (2) 4 x 4's...
it is single sided and would 1x4 stringers across back hold

I personally would fabricate a rectagular tubing mount to mount the signs to. If your thinking wood 1x4's, I wouldn't trust that. too much warping from some thin material...