Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mounting a sandblasted sign

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by robcoker, May 26, 2012.

1. robcoker

robcoker New Member

Dec 27, 2007
    i am mounting a hdu sandblasted sign in between to 4x4 post, what would be the best way to mount it. should i just screw lag bolts in thru the 4x4 post or should i build some sort of frame. one sign is 4x2 and other one is 4x3 thanks any suggestion will help

Tags:
  2. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Need more info.
    Single/double side
    Thickness
    Panel shape

I almost always give HDU some kind of support/stiffener

3. k.a.s.

k.a.s. Very Active Member

Aug 8, 2003
    NE ohio
    If single sided, run stringers behind the sign and fasten to that. If double sided, you should've decided this before you made it. If it is double sided, I would suggest some aluminum angle, painted to match, and then fasten through the sign with a bolt and nut.

Do not just run lags through the posts into the sign, HDU will not hold if your trying to thread into it.

Kevin

4. robcoker

robcoker New Member

Dec 27, 2007
    it is single sided and would 1x4 stringers across back hold

5. Kottwitz-Graphics

Kottwitz-Graphics Very Active Member

Sep 25, 2006
    Ridgely, MD
    From what I am seeing, you have a sign that is 2' tall x 4' wide, and one that is 3' tall x 4' tall, one stacked on top of another, between (2) 4 x 4's...
    I personally would fabricate a rectagular tubing mount to mount the signs to. If your thinking wood 1x4's, I wouldn't trust that. too much warping from some thin material...

6. robcoker

robcoker New Member

Dec 27, 2007
    ok thanks i will fabricate a tubing frame thanks for in put from everyone