• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting a sign to stucco

Doc Zoom

Doc Zoom
We need to mount a 4x8 dibond sign to a stucco building. I can tell its stucco over foam. Never done this before and don't want to screw it up! Anyway to check for studs? Any special fasteners?
Thanks for your help!
Greg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
How's your logo/truck lettering job coming along ?? :)

Post that up and maybe we can muster up some ideas of how to flush mount a board to a wall for ya.

JimmyG

Synthetic stucco walls usually have full sheathing because the foam needs support behind it....BUT... be very careful that you properly waterproof your fasteners so that moisture cannot penetrate into the wall...Moisture behind the foam used with synthetic stucco will rot the sheathing quite quickly.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
I like the plastic type of "toggle bolts" for something like this.

Deep scan stud finder

- Pre-drill holes in sign before going to site
- Mark holes
- Drill
- Insert anchors
- Attach sign
- Lay down a small bead of silicone across the top and sides to prevent watar seepage

Moze

Precision Sign Services
What JimmyG said...you should be able to screw directly into the sheathing behind the foam.

In the event there's no sheathing, the toggle bolts Modern Ink mentioned would be my next choice.

Johnny Best

I try to attached 3"x36"x.5" vertical pvc strips to the wall of that nature. Lot easier to attach the 4x8 to those with stainless screws. Like others have said usually exterior plywood is on there to hold the foam on before it gets stuccoed. Some new construction have aluminum stringers to which the foam is attached, (concrete brick walls) and they are on 24" centers and a predrilled hole and then use a exterior screw. Also seal any holes so moisture does not get behind foam.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Take the sign and screw it to the wall. The number of fastener system for doing this are legion. Simple drywall screws, toggles, anchors of many materials. They'll all work. Pick the one that gets you off and screw the damn thing to the wall. It's always amusing to watch otherwise normal people make a Big Deal out of a simple task.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Oh, you're taking this too lightly. For someone like the OP, he needs all the help he can get. He needs pictures, exploded views and someone to spell it out for him.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Not an exploded view but a section view might do....

Attachments

• 28-eifs-details-sign-attacjement-eifs-details.jpg
    28-eifs-details-sign-attacjement-eifs-details.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,968

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So what's your problem...... didn't you figure out your logo, yet ??

I'm sorry if I got you upset, but just in case...... take your schoolyard level of communications and GFY, too. )))

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ahh, you look like you can take it. Stop being a persnickety snot-nose.

So, seriously..... how's your logo coming along ??​