• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting back painted acrylic to MDF

graphics man

Hi guys, I have a question . I have a project where I will be back painting .25 clear acrylic with a matthews paint then mounting to .5'' mdf with silicon and speed tape . My only worry is that the silicon might attack that paint . Has any one had this problem or have a better way to do this . Please let me know thank you

iSign

I'd cover the entire back with high performance vinyl. I had double face tape shrink before, & it pulled off paint where it did that, so that has been my solution, or stainless steel screws & decorative washers look ok on the front sometimes...

daveb

General Know-it-all
Full coverage cast vinyl over the back-paint. Mount with silicone and minimal d/s tape. No problems.
:thumb: Most of the problems we experience with failure is due to expansion and contraction of the acrylic due to extreme heat and cold in exterior application. I don't think you need to over think it too much for interior applications. If the temp. is stable it shouldn't be a problem.:rolleyes: