• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting Banner on Roof

BrianKE

I have a customer dead set on mounting a banner on a shingled roof (they have seen others here do it). I am not installing this as I advised against it but since they are a good customer I would like to give them any advice I can on how to do it properly (aside from not doing it).

The banner will measure 16' x 4' and will be laid flat on the roof (roof has about a 30 degree pitch).

Any ideas on how best to fasten/mount? Would screwing into the roof at each grommet (typically spaced every 2') be sufficient?

d fleming

Never pierce the integrity of a roof system. Wash your hands of this before someone needs a scapegoat to throw under the bus.

Pat Whatley

Stainless steel screws, rubber washers between the banner and the shingles. That's worked out fine for me the few times I've had to do it.

The biggest thing for them to remember is when the banner comes down they need to patch each one of the holes very well with roofing repair caulk.