• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting formed plastic letters to metal building?

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, just a quick question. I am pricing 2' tall Gemini letters mounted to the front of a metal building with standard metal siding. Not sure of the exact name, but its everywhere, 1 ft centers of the ribs and two small ribs in between the 1 inch main ribs. So my question is as follows. Do I use studs and spacers, held with lexel, do I need to do a stud/pad combo? I'm pretty nervous to just depend on pad mounts as a 2 foot tall letter isn't exactly lightweight. I would use panels and screw the letters to the panel, screw the panel to the wall, but these being so big, it would eat a lot of material. What would you do in this scenario?

Thanks

Marlene

rails. Gemini sells metal rails but won't drill them for plastic letters but will custom paint them to match the siding. get the studs set in a line and a pattern, drill nut and go

pjfmeister

Just installed some with wire standoffs...standard item from Gemini attached picture shows how these work.

buy all the wires long enough to stand off the building...cut the ones that hit the ridges

Attachments

• IMG_5638.jpg
    IMG_5638.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 201

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just installed some with wire standoffs...standard item from Gemini attached picture shows how these work.

buy all the wires long enough to stand off the building...cut the ones that hit the ridges

What da Hell is on that guy's head ????? :ROFLMAO:

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
what you are referring to is called "R-Panel" sheeting.

Thank you. I knew there was a name.

I will look into this method, it's been a while since I have installed any Gemini letters in anything other than brick to be quite honest.