• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mounting hardware advice

Foghorn12

Trying to find the best way to go about installing these parking lot signs.
They will be 2'x3' and I'm going to use 080 aluminum. They are doube sided so I need to mount them so both sides will be visible.
I found wing brackets similar to the mounting hardware in the illustration at Grimco. Biggest they have is 24". Will this work or are there better options?
:thankyou:

Attachments

• Parking Lot Sign install.jpg
    Parking Lot Sign install.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 143

iSign

2x3 is gonna take a lot of wind... I wouldn't trust that bracket myself... Thinking the wind may let clamped bracket rotate if on round post. Is that existing light posts then?

I wonder if 2 clamped poles like a banner mounting option would give twice the holes holding the sign, no chance of wind bending sign, and twice the clamping strength to the pole, to resist wind trying to rotate it...

Foghorn12

I feel like this should give it enough support from wind. similiar to what iSign was suggesting. I did suggest using banners with the post poles on the top and bottom but they are pretty set on the signs being rigid. Let me know what you think.
Mosh: were you talking about these brackets or the original bracket I posted? I like the idea of using max metal though. thanks

Attachments

• Parking Lot Sign install 2.jpg
    Parking Lot Sign install 2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 130