• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting on plexi

giordno2424

Hi I'm new in this forum and I would like ask about mounting fine art prints on 1/8''plexi using a laminator. It isn't a face mount what I'm doing but just regular mount of the back of the print to a substrate .The size of the prints are 47x60''. Yesterday I did several of those but I found in few a couple of bubble air trap between the plexi and the glue. I tried to apply more pression on the 65'' roller lamination and roll in a very low speed but still have the same problem.Last week I did the same size on 1/8 sintra with no problem. I cleaned the plexi with isopropyl alchool after take away the plexi protection paper (I read in this forum that after pill away the protection paper of the plexi it can be a residual gas from the plexi itself that can create adhesion problem)
Thank you for your help
Carlo

anotherdog

one of "those" subjects that is more superstition than science.
I have just clear reverse mounted a few hundred small acylic signs with not a bubble,
and a couple of dozen on lexan.
My favourite theory has to be the moisture one. I used to see it a lot, moved to a newer location with better air control, don't see it at all now (touch wood).

rubo

Assuming most sign makers are digital, why not to print on the substrate - clear coat after the fact - get the lamination out of the way completely?
I never laminate anything and still manage to get work.