• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting Photo paper to foam core?

Red Earth

What are you guys using to mount photo paper to foamcore?

Three weeks ago I printed 24 X 36 photo ads, used super 77 to glue them to the 1" foam core... They are bubbling pretty bad!

Any ideas?

P

Pat Whatley

The foam board that has the adhesive on it. Sure, it's $15 more for a 4x8 sheet but it gives us consistent results, doesn't make the mess spray adhesive overspray always did, and when you consider the ease-of-use factor there really wasn't any comparison.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
check with your supplier for a pressure sensitive adhesive backing for mounting ... I have a large roll of the stuff for whenever a customer needs a printed mounted and doesn't want vinyl or other stock adhesive back films ... should be with your laminate options ... just run through your laminator like laminate ... you should be golden. Otherwise ... rubber cement will work fine ... just make sure it's acid free.

Raulrdz

I use adhesive backed pressure sensitive photo paper or poly. Check with your supplier. Check out lexjet.com they should have some there.

MIMO

Gbc arctic duramount. Estimate I've done about 2000 poster mounts in the last 2 years (80% foamcore, 10% gator, 10% artboard). Has not failed once. Have tried to find something less expensive, royal sov., a house brand, and no success. Can't lose.

Sign Eagle

I use adhesive backed pressure sensitive photo paper or poly. Check with your supplier. Check out lexjet.com they should have some there.

We mounted photogloss on PVC once, it was summer about 100 degrees outside when the customer picked up the order, about a dozen 2'x3' signs, he put them in the trunk of his car and drove about 35 miles. Got a call the next morning saying the prints had tunnels all over. Went over to look, my guess is the plastic expanded at a far greater rate than the paper in the heat and when it cooled over night in the air conditioned room, the plastic contracted leaving tunnels in the paper. Since that problem, we never mount paper on plastic, only vinyl which has never had a problem.

Colin

What are you guys using to mount photo paper to foamcore?

Three weeks ago I printed 24 X 36 photo ads, used super 77 to glue them to the 1" foam core... They are bubbling pretty bad!

Is there a reason not to just print onto matte vinyl and mount that to the Foamcore?