Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting Photo paper to foam core?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Red Earth, May 23, 2011.

1. Red Earth

Red Earth New Member

May 23, 2007
    What are you guys using to mount photo paper to foamcore?

Three weeks ago I printed 24 X 36 photo ads, used super 77 to glue them to the 1" foam core... They are bubbling pretty bad!

Any ideas?

P

Tags:
  2. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Use pressure use pressure sensitive materials or animal glue.

3. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    rubber cement.

4. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    You need mounting film which is double sided, Mactac, or buy foamcore with the adhesive already on it.

5. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    The foam board that has the adhesive on it. Sure, it's $15 more for a 4x8 sheet but it gives us consistent results, doesn't make the mess spray adhesive overspray always did, and when you consider the ease-of-use factor there really wasn't any comparison.

6. dsmskyline

dsmskyline Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    We use Arctic white mount to mount prints to boards.

7. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    check with your supplier for a pressure sensitive adhesive backing for mounting ... I have a large roll of the stuff for whenever a customer needs a printed mounted and doesn't want vinyl or other stock adhesive back films ... should be with your laminate options ... just run through your laminator like laminate ... you should be golden. Otherwise ... rubber cement will work fine ... just make sure it's acid free.

8. Raulrdz

Raulrdz Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Brownsville, Texas
    I use adhesive backed pressure sensitive photo paper or poly. Check with your supplier. Check out lexjet.com they should have some there.

9. MIMO

MIMO Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Gbc arctic duramount. Estimate I've done about 2000 poster mounts in the last 2 years (80% foamcore, 10% gator, 10% artboard). Has not failed once. Have tried to find something less expensive, royal sov., a house brand, and no success. Can't lose.

10. Sign Eagle

Sign Eagle Member

Nov 2, 2010
    We mounted photogloss on PVC once, it was summer about 100 degrees outside when the customer picked up the order, about a dozen 2'x3' signs, he put them in the trunk of his car and drove about 35 miles. Got a call the next morning saying the prints had tunnels all over. Went over to look, my guess is the plastic expanded at a far greater rate than the paper in the heat and when it cooled over night in the air conditioned room, the plastic contracted leaving tunnels in the paper. Since that problem, we never mount paper on plastic, only vinyl which has never had a problem.

11. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    Is there a reason not to just print onto matte vinyl and mount that to the Foamcore?

12. rushworks graphics

rushworks graphics Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    thats exactly what we do.......