• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting Prints Straight

JLD984

Hi All,

I mount most of my prints onto aluminium composite panel with a manual laminator, obviously the first part has to be mounted by hand. I'm having trouble mounting them straight, mainly with long narrow prints. Just wondering what causes this? Is it because the panel might be going through on an angle, the backing paper not cut away straight when I mount the first part, or something else? I always have the print sitting perfectly straight on the panel before it goes through. Any help greatly appreciated.

mudmedia

Your laminator has uneven pressure on the rollers.

Have you had to adjust the rollers to get even pressure? My laminate is uneven as well on my rollers but I do not mount many prints so I have left it because it laminates regular vinyl fine but I would like to even their pressure out but not sure how tough it is to do.

Mike F

Have you tried lining it up and taping it to the edges in the middle before you feed the first half of your hinge through?

Z SIGNS

When mounting prints to acm we always when possible mount the print to a board that is bigger then the print.Then we cut the board on a sheet metal shear.Makes for a nicer looking print and you don't have to worry about lining up
the print to fit the board.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Are you running these panels in the exact center of the laminator? most Laminator Rollers have a crown in the center and if you don't center your material it will walk one direction or the other.

mudmedia

I will give the middle a shot I know for sure on one print I mounted I was to the right of the center and I think on another I might have been to the left I did not know it mattered I figured it would be even pressure?