• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting sign to painted wall in Hospital?

iegrafixs

I need to mount a 12"x18" pvc sign to a painted wall in a Hospital, customer would like it to be installed without drilling holes, does anyone know if the walls use a special type of paint or coating that will conflict with VHB or Foam Tape?

J Hill Designs

PVC is light, I'm sure you will be fine, just let them know you can't fully guarantee stay-fastedness without mechanical fasteners

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is it a brick wall, block wall, drywall, sheet rock, stucco, wood...... ??

Use a French Cleat and be done with it.

DerbyCitySignGuy

I need to mount a 12"x18" pvc sign to a painted wall in a Hospital, customer would like it to be installed without drilling holes, does anyone know if the walls use a special type of paint or coating that will conflict with VHB or Foam Tape?

1/8" PVC? VHB will hold it. If you're really worried, put some silicone on there with the tape. It'll damage the wall if they ever want to remove it, but it'll stay up.

Otherwise, if it doesn't have to be flush, I second the French cleat idea.

BigPrintn

We do a lot of signage at the hospitals around here and always use VHB to mount boards. Actually just did a few that were 4'x8' PVC boards mounted to painted drywall and we only used VHB tape.

Just let them know that when/if they are taken down that it will remove the paint.

Marlene

the damage a few screw holes leave in sheet rock can be patched and painted. VHB tape can take to paper off the sheet rock and it can do much more damage than screws. if they are concerned about damage, that may be an issue. we use VHB tape for those types of signs but then no one has asked us not to drill into a wall.