• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting to acrylic - silvering issue

struthmuffin

Hey guys,

hopefully someone can point me in the right direction, we cant seem to get away from silvering with our attempts at face mounted acrylic.

we are using gbc artic vue-thru.

we have originally were printing the pieces with our epson 9600 ultrachrome with gbc sureprint satin, but recently have been attempting them with our mimaki jv33, on a standard gloss poster paper. we have also tried (just to see if any varying results) a print on 46lb bond on our hp designjet 5500.

no matter which machine, you can see the silvering when we apply the adhesive before we even mount to acrylic, and we have also tried the other way around mounting the adhesive to the acrylic first.. either way same results.. bad...

my question is if anyone knows if we are just trying with the wrong media? or is the gbc vue-thru problematic.. any help at all would be appreciated, feel like weve tried just about everything.

thanks!