Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mounting to brick

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by BrianKE, Sep 4, 2012.

1. BrianKE

BrianKE Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    I am trying to quote 100 signs that are made of .080 aluminum that need to be mounted to a brick wall (sings are 20"W x 8"H). Anyone know a way to mount these other than drilling the brick and using anchors?

Would something like construction adhesive or Liquid Nails be sufficient in holding these signs to the brick?

TIA

2. Moze

Moze Premium Subscriber

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    Assuming the brick has a somewhat smooth/even surface without a ton of variations/protrusions: Apply three vertical strips of VHB tape - one at each end and one in the center of each panel. Apply a nickel-sized dollop of silicone between each strip of tape. When installing, press firmly everywhere you applied the VHB tape being carefuly not to flex/bend the panel. It won't go anywhere.

If the brick isn't smooth, you're better off stud-mounting them.

3. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Liquid nail might work. I'd put 2 screws, 1 in each side with anchors. Or you can nail rivet them...either way, you better have a corded hammer drill...and like 15 bits to drill 200 holes.

4. rjssigns

rjssigns Very Active Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Powder actuated anchor gun. Super fast. They won't fall off, but you'll never remove them either.
    Personally I would use TapCons and call it a day. Bricks are soft and hammer drill easily compared to cured concrete. I've had tons of experience with both. Mortar lines drill faster yet.

5. carter75

carter75 Member

Jul 5, 2012
    ^+1

VHB is awesome and much easier than anchoring them in. Also, it looks a lot better in the end when you don't have big blue TapCon heads or other anchor heads protruding out. You could also use a more aggressive adhesive between the strips of VHB for a little extra insurance too...