• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mouse delay / sticks with Signlab

Steve Prince

When resizing or moving objects with the mouse, the mouse actually moves but there's a delay for it to execute. Has a longer delay with more contours and bitmaps on the screen.

Strangest thing is there is a longer delay with a box full of text and vectors than it does with a 10' bitmap.

Computer checks out fine. The problem started the same day Windows did a Critical Update. Computer is only a few weeks old and I hadn't set a restore point to go back to. Not positive the update has anything to do with it, but it was fine up until the update day.

Any ideas?

Signlab 9 w/ Versaworks
Windows 7, Fast custom computer

oksigns

When resizing or moving objects with the mouse, the mouse actually moves but there's a delay for it to execute. Has a longer delay with more contours and bitmaps on the screen.

Strangest thing is there is a longer delay with a box full of text and vectors than it does with a 10' bitmap.

Computer checks out fine. The problem started the same day Windows did a Critical Update. Computer is only a few weeks old and I hadn't set a restore point to go back to. Not positive the update has anything to do with it, but it was fine up until the update day.

Any ideas?

Signlab 9 w/ Versaworks
Windows 7, Fast custom computer

sounds like your computer is struggling. Vector math is easier to compute, but throw in multiple large rasters with that and that will increase the memory footprint big time

Steve Prince

That's the confusing part. If it was the computer, it would struggle more with large raster files, not vector.

I threw in the generic "fast computer" to rule out the computer. Only a month old and has been fantastic. Had it checked out yesterday to make sure. Updated a graphics driver to new a new update from last week.

Computer: AMD FX 8 Core Processor
Ram: 16GB

Another strange thing is when I select a vector contour, it looks as though there's 2 contours on top of each other. (If you can picture the look when one is selected and one is not). Not a clean single line look like it normally has.

Still wondering if it has something to do with the Windows Critical Update the same day.

Still open for ideas and thanks again for the help.

oksigns

That's the confusing part. If it was the computer, it would struggle more with large raster files, not vector.

I threw in the generic "fast computer" to rule out the computer. Only a month old and has been fantastic. Had it checked out yesterday to make sure. Updated a graphics driver to new a new update from last week.

Computer: AMD FX 8 Core Processor
Ram: 16GB

Another strange thing is when I select a vector contour, it looks as though there's 2 contours on top of each other. (If you can picture the look when one is selected and one is not). Not a clean single line look like it normally has.

Still wondering if it has something to do with the Windows Critical Update the same day.

Still open for ideas and thanks again for the help.

Yeah those are good specs so I would look at background tasks or even rolling back those updates if possible.

Gary Wiant

Its a setting in options. I feel stupid for not remembering exactly where it is right now. But it is in the options menu I'm thinking it is under the selection tab. Click on the [ON STOPPED] button.