• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mouse & KVM switch

Colin

I just bought a new ATEN CS682 DVI KVM switch (these are high quality units). It requires a USB keyboard & mouse, so I bought a new Microsoft Digital Media 3000 KB, and a new Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 to replace my old PS/2 mouse.

The KB works fine with the switch, but the mouse doesn't work at all. I even downloaded the files for it from the MS site. It works if I just plug it into a regular USB port, but not in the KVM switch where it must go.

Any fixes for this?

PS: An old Logitech USB mouse from my wife's computer works in the switch, but I'd really like to get this new MS mouse to work.

Last edited:

njshorts

I just bought a new ATEN CS682 DVI KVM switch (these are high quality units). It requires a USB keyboard & mouse, so I bought a new Microsoft Digital Media 3000 KB, and a new Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 to replace my old PS/2 mouse.

The KB works fine with the switch, but the mouse doesn't work at all. I even downloaded the files for it from the MS site. It works if I just plug it into a regular USB port, but not in the KVM switch where it must go.

Any fixes for this?

PS: An old Logitech USB mouse from my wife's computer works in the switch, but I'd really like to get this new MS mouse to work.

You're not going to like this, but I've seen the same thing before with a few different KVMs... sometimes, KVMs just dont like a few pieces of hardware.

Contact the manufacturer, see if they've run into it before.

Colin

Just got this from Aten:

Try this

[Scroll Lock] [Scroll Lock] [m] [Enter]

restart your computer the mouse will work.

What the heck do they mean? Do I just hit the Scroll Lock key twice, then m, then Enter?

Colin

When I entered that procedure on the old XP machine, nothing happened, but when I did it on the new Win7 machine, it worked!