• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mousepad from shop materials?

tanneji

Hey folks!

I have a laser mouse that has been working fine aside from the desk surface I have is a little glossy so it jumps around sometimes (big pain when trying to be precise!). A standard mousepad ain't gonna cut it cause I'm used to having the full desk surface to roam around on so I was wondering if anyone knows of a good standard shop material that all of us have lying around that works.

Thanks!

lil Details

track ball!!

I have simply taken a piece of paper and made some crosshatching on it to make a mouse pad....any pattern sort of thing.

300mphGraphics

Get a better mouse? My desktop for the last couple years is diamond plate vinyl. Pretty worn out where the mouse moves around and it still optically reads and works fine, except for the scroll wheel. Gave out a few months back. Logitech.

smdgrfx

good mouse pad? Try a rocketfish. is pretty big. Has slick side for speed and a textured side for control. Been using for about 3 months now and I like it. It's made from aluminum with a texture applied. And it looks cool. Got it at BestBuy.

heavyt

take some vinyl and print a gradient pattern on it and it will pick it up and just stick it to the desk, you coudl also just print your store logo on it and apply it to the surface.

Gene@mpls

I build my own desk/workstations and each keyboard pullout is wrapped with
a different print- most are a variation on currency- helps everyone keep their
eyes on the prize. 3651x210 lam- some have been on for years with no wear
and have never had a mouse not track properly.

Attachments

• keyboard print.jpg
    keyboard print.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 88