• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mouth opened before brain was engaged

mark in tx

So I'm discussing with a customer about his wifes' new boutique, that is opening on black Friday.
They waited until yesterday (Tuesday) to get signage.

When I was describing the virtues of the sidewalk sign he wanted, I said that "It will last longer than your wifes' store."

:Oops:

Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Sticky Signs

Haha. Love it.
I had a client ask me for 2 pieces of 36"x60" frost. In a moment of total clarity I told her I couldn't do it because frost only comes in 48" rolls. She said - Ok, I'll go somewhere else. So I told her good luck while thinking to myself, nobody around here has frost bigger than 48". About an hour later I think to myself - Stupid idiot, rotate the 36"x60" and cut it off a 48" roll. DOH!!!! A quick email, some lame excuses and discount saved the job. Man, i can't believe I did that.

Way to go Mark!

WildWestDesigns

Haha. Love it.
I had a client ask me for 2 pieces of 36"x60" frost. In a moment of total clarity I told her I couldn't do it because frost only comes in 48" rolls. She said - Ok, I'll go somewhere else. So I told her good luck while thinking to myself, nobody around here has frost bigger than 48". About an hour later I think to myself - Stupid idiot, rotate the 36"x60" and cut it off a 48" roll. DOH!!!! A quick email, some lame excuses and discount saved the job. Man, i can't believe I did that.

Way to go Mark!

I've had that close to happening on more then one occasion. It seems sometimes the mind needs more of a "jump start" then it used to. Thankfully I've actually got in a habit of thinking about that right off the bat when I am thinking about size issues.